Install the Printer Driver. (Windows 98/Me/2000/XP)
• DO NOT connect the USB cable before installing the software.
• When installing the software in Windows XP or Windows 2000, log onto the system as a member of
the Administrator group.
• If the Found New Hardware Wizard appears, click Cancel, and follow this procedure.
1 Insert the CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive.
2 If AutoRun is enabled, the installation starts automatically.
• If installation does not start automatically, choose Run... from the Start Menu. Type D:\SETUP.EXE
(if your CD-ROM drive is drive D:) in the command line and click OK.
3 Click Install Printer Driver to start installation.
4 Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
During installation, follow these guidelines:
• Click Next or Yes to move from one dialog box to the next.
• Be sure to wait for Windows to complete each setup step. If you hear the computer
working, wait until it is done.
• If the Digital Signature Not Found screen appears, click Yes to continue.
5 When prompted, remove the label from the USB port on the back of the machine.
Then connect the USB cable to the machine and your computer.