Intel Matrix Storage Manager Quick Guide for Acer Selected Veriton PC V1.1
5. Configuring RAID0 or RAID1 on your RAID Ready Acer PC
Selected high-end Acer desktop computer systems are configured as Intel RAID
Ready systems. You can use the following steps to migrate from a single-drive
non-RAID configuration to a two-drive RAID0 or RAID1 configuration. The resulting
configuration will be identical to that created by the procedure in section 6.1.
To prepare for this, you will need to install another SATA hard drive with a
capacity equal to or greater than the capacity of the hard drive being used as
the source hard drive.
1. Note the serial number of the hard drive already in the system; you will need
this to select it as the source hard drive for the migration.
2. Install the second SATA hard drive to an available SATA port.
3. Boot Windows, then install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager software, if not
already installed (it is pre-installed in Acer RAID Ready systems), using the
setup package obtained from a CD-ROM or from the Internet. This will install
the necessary Intel Matrix Storage Console and start menu links.
4. Open the Intel Matrix Storage Manager from the Start Menu and select Create
RAID Volume from Existing Hard Drive from the Actions menu.
5. The Create RAID Volume from Existing Hard Drive Wizard will be activated.
Follow the instructions as prompted. It is important to understand what will
occur during the migration process because all data on the destination hard drive
will be lost.
6. After the migration is complete, reboot the system. If you migrate to a RAID0
volume, use Disk Management from Windows in order to partition and format the
empty space created when the two hard drive capacities are combined. You may
also use third-party software to extend any existing partitions within the RAID