Intel Matrix Storage Manager Quick Guide for Acer Selected Veriton PC V1.1
7. Migrating from RAID0/1/10 to RAID5 system
RAID level migration allows an existing RAID configuration which supports
levels 0, 1 or 10 to be migrated to RAID5. The following migrations are possible:
2-drive RAID1 to 3- or 4-drive RAID5
2-drive RAID0 to 3- or 4-drive RAID5
3-drive RAID0 to 4-drive RAID5
4-drive RAID10 to 4-drive RAID5
Note: In order for the migration to complete successfully, the minimum SATA hard
drive requirements for the new RAID5 configuration have to be met.
Please follow the procedure illustrated below:
1. Boot the system to Windows.
2. Start the Intel Matrix Storage Console application:
Start Menu ->All Programs -> Intel Matrix Storage Manager -> Intel Matrix Storage
3. Click the View menu and select the Advanced Mode option.
4. Choose the RAID volume you want to migrate. Right-click and select Modify
5. The Modify RAID Volume Wizard will be displayed. The wizard will walk you
through the procedure to migrate to RAID5.
6. After the migration starts, the Information tab shows the migration progress
in the Status field.
7. When the Status field indicates Normal, the migration is complete.