On "Memory Stick"
"Memory Stick" is a new compact, portable
and versatile IC recording medium with a
data capacity that exceeds the capacity of a
In addition to exchanging data between
"Memory Stick" compatible equipment,
you can also use a "Memory Stick" to store
data as a type of detachable external
There are two types of "Memory Stick": an
ordinary "Memory Stick" and a
"MagicGate Memory Stick" that is
equipped with the MagicGate* copyright
protection technology. You can use both
types of "Memory Stick" with your camera.
However, because your camera does not
support the MagicGate standards, data
recorded with your camera is not subject to
MagicGate copyright protection.
In addition, you can also use "Memory
Stick Duo" or "Memory Stick PRO" with
* MagicGate is copyright protection technology
that uses encryption technology.
• "Memory Stick" formatted with a computer is
not guaranteed to operate with this camera.
"Memory Stick" type
(Memory Stick Duo)
Memory Stick PRO
** The camera cannot record or play back the
data needed by the MagicGate function.
All "Memory Stick" media operations are not
Notes on using the supplied
• You cannot record or delete images when the
write-protect switch is set to LOCK.
The position or the shape of the write-protect
switch may differ depending on the "Memory
Stick" you use.
• Do not remove the "Memory Stick" while
reading or writing data.
• Data may be corrupted in the following cases.
– When the "Memory Stick" is removed or the
camera is turned off during read or write
– When the "Memory Stick" is used in
locations subject to static electricity or
• We recommend backing up important data.
• Do not attach any other material than the
supplied label on the labeling position.
• Attach the label in the prescribed label location,
taking care that the label does not extend from
• When you carry or store the "Memory Stick,"
put it in the case supplied with it.
• Do not touch the terminal of a "Memory Stick"
with your hand or a metal object.
• Do not strike, bend or drop a "Memory Stick."
• Do not disassemble or modify a "Memory
• Do not expose the "Memory Stick" to water.
• Do not use or keep the "Memory Stick" under
the following conditions:
– High temperature locations such as the hot
interior of a car parked in direct sunlight
– Locations exposed to direct sunlight
– Humid locations or locations with corrosive
Notes on using "Memory Stick Duo"
• When using a "Memory Stick Duo" with your
camera, be sure to insert the "Memory Stick
Duo" into a "Memory Stick Duo" Adaptor.
• When inserting a "Memory Stick Duo" into a
"Memory Stick Duo" Adaptor, check to make
sure the "Memory Stick Duo" is inserted facing
the correct direction.