Performance Series Cameras
H4W4PER3 WDR 4 MP IR Rugged Dome Camera
Quick Installation Guide
Document 800-23289 - Rev B - 06/2017
Thank you for purchasing a Honeywell Performance
Series IP camera. Follow the instructions in this
guide to install and log in to your camera. For
instructions on configuring the camera, refer to the
user guide on the CD that came with your camera. If
you require additional assistance, call the number
listed for your region on the back cover.
Warnings and Cautions
THIS SYMBOL INDICATES THAT
RISK OF ELECTRIC
CONSTITUTING A RISK OF
ELECTRIC SHOCK IS PRESENT
DO NOT OPEN
WITHIN THE UNIT.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC
THIS SYMBOL INDICATES THAT
SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE THE COVER.
IMPORTANT OPERATING AND
NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE.
REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE
ACCOMPANY THIS UNIT.
To ensure compliance with electrical safety standards this product is intended for
use with a Listed Power Adapter marked with "Limited Power Source", "LPS", on the
unit, output rated 12 VDC, minimum 0.33A, Tma=60Deg.C or from Power over
Ethernet (PoE) provided by Listed Information Technology Equipment meeting the
IEEE 802.3af PoE standard.
The Ethernet connection is not intended to be connected to exposed (outside plant)
networks. Do not connect two power sources to the camera at the same time.
Invisible LED radiation (850 nm). Avoid exposure to beam.
• Read and keep these instructions.
• Confirm the installation surface can support at least three times the weight of the camera.
• Do not apply power to the camera before completing installation.
• Do not aim the camera toward a bright light source for extended periods to prevent damage to the
• Avoid operating the unit under or close to unstable light sources (may cause flickering), or close to
fluorescent lamps or objects reflecting light.
• Do not touch the camera lens.
• Do not drop the camera or subject it to physical shock.
• Do not use a strong or abrasive detergent when cleaning the camera.
• Avoid operating or storing the unit in extremely humid, dusty, hot/cold environments, where the
operating temperature is outside the recommended range of -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C).
Before You Begin
Before you begin, check that you have received all of the parts listed below. If any parts are missing or
damaged, contact your dealer immediately.
• Allen key (L-wrench)
• Installation CD
• Self-tapping screws (×3)
Installation and servicing should be performed only by qualified and experienced
technicians to conform to all local codes and to maintain your warranty.
Preparing the Mounting Surface
1. Apply the mounting template to the mounting surface.
2. Using the mounting template as a guide, drill three pilot holes in the mounting surface.
3. Hammer the supplied anchors into the holes.
4. Drill a cable entry hole in the mounting surface.
5. Pull the required cables through the cable entry hole.
• Plastic anchors (×3)
• Mounting template