WDR 8 MP IR Rugged Dome Camera
Quick Installation Guide
Thank you for purchasing a Honeywell Performance Series
IP camera. Follow the instructions in this guide to install
and log in to your camera. For instructions on configuring
the camera, refer to the user guide on the CD that came
with your camera. If you require additional assistance, call
the number listed for your region on the back cover.
Warnings and Cautions
RISK OF ELECTRIC
DO NOT OPEN
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC
SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE THE COVER.
NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE.
REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE
WARNING To ensure compliance with electrical safety standards, this product is
intended for use with a Listed Power Adapter marked "Limited Power
Source" or "LPS" on the unit, output rated to 12 VDC, minimum 0.33 A,
TMA=60 deg C, or from Power over Ethernet (PoE) provided by Listed
Information Technology Equipment meeting IEEE 802.3af PoE standard.
The Ethernet connection is not intended to be connected to exposed
(outside plant) networks. Do not connect two power sources to the camera at
the same time.
Invisible LED radiation (850 nm). Avoid exposure to beam.
• Read and keep these instructions
• Confirm the installation surface can support at least three times the weight of the camera.
• Do not apply power to the camera before completing installation.
• Do not aim the camera toward a bright light source for extended periods to prevent damage to
• Avoid operating the unit under or close to unstable light sources (may cause flickering), or close
to fluorescent lamps or objects reflecting light.
THIS SYMBOL INDICATES THAT
CONSTITUTING A RISK OF
ELECTRIC SHOCK IS PRESENT
WITHIN THE UNIT.
THIS SYMBOL INDICATES THAT
IMPORTANT OPERATING AND
ACCOMPANY THIS UNIT.
• Do not touch the camera lens.
• Do not drop the camera or subject it to physical shock.
• Do not use a strong or abrasive detergent when cleaning the camera.
• Avoid operating or storing the unit in extremely humid, dusty, hot/cold environments, where
the operating temperature is outside the recommended range of -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to
Before You Begin
Before you begin, check that you have received all the parts listed below. If any parts are
missing or damaged, contact your dealer immediately.
• Installation CD
• Quick installation guide
• Allen key (L-wrench)
Installation and servicing should be performed only by qualified and
experienced technicians to conform to all local codes and to maintain your
Preparing the Mounting Surface
1. Apply the mounting template to the mounting surface.
2. Using the mounting template as a guide, drill three pilot holes in the mounting surface,
then hammer the supplied anchors into the holes.
3. Drill a cable entry hole in the mounting surface, then pull the required cables through the hole.
• Self-tapping screws (×4)
• Plastic anchors (×4)
• Mounting template