To remove the Key-Knob
1. Turn the Key-Knob to the LOCK/OFF position.
2. Remove the Key-Knob and store it out of children's reach.
Removing a Filled Bag
When the trash is compacted to the top of the drawer, remove the
bag. If the bag is too heavy, compact less trash before emptying it in
Do not push items down into compactor with
hands or feet.
Doing so can result in cuts.
1. Pull the drawer completely open.
2. Remove top of bag from bag retainer buttons. Pull up all four bag
cuffs. Close bag with twist tie provided.
3. Push Side-Lock Latch down and tilt drawer side open.
4. Lift out bag.
Installing a New Bag
Before installing a new bag, be sure:
The drawer side is securely locked.
The container is clean and free of debris.
Do not use any kind of bag other than those designed especially for
use in your compactor. Order replacement compactor bags through
your local dealer or by calling toll-free 1-888-222-8608.
1. Place folded bag into the drawer. Open bag and pull top edges
over the drawer top.
2. Lock bag in place by pulling the four prepunched holes over the
bag retainer buttons. Holes will expand over the buttons without
damaging the bag.
3. Press inside of bag against the drawer bottom, sides and corners
for a smooth fit.
Your new compactor is designed to give you many years of
dependable service. However, there are a few things you are
expected to do in order to maintain your compactor properly. This
section will tell you how to clean and care for your compactor.
After unpacking compactor, use a mild solution of liquid household
cleaner and warm water to remove waxy residue caused by
protective shipping material. Dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
Before cleaning the compactor, turn the Key-Knob (or Key-Switch) to
the OFF & LOCK position and remove it.
NOTE: Any services other than those outlined in this section should
be performed by a designated service representative.
Cleaning Exterior Surfaces
1. Wash exterior surfaces (including stainless steel) with a clean
sponge or soft cloth and a mild detergent in warm water. Do not
use abrasive or harsh cleaners. Rinse and dry thoroughly with a
2. Wipe up spills right away. Some foods can damage the finish if
left on the compactor surface.
Cleaning Inside the Drawer
NOTE: You may want to wear protective gloves as there may be bits
of glass in the drawer.
1. Remove the bag. (See the "Removing a Filled Bag" section.)
2. Press down on the lever-action lock (or Side-Lock latch).