Mitsubishi Electric Air Conditioner CITY MULTI
Twinning Kit Installation Manual
• For your safety, thoroughly read the following instructions prior to installation.
• Thoroughly read the following "Safety Precautions" to ensure proper installation.
• Observe the following important safety precautions at all times.
• Hazards that can occur from incorrect handling are classified by the symbols below:
Incorrect handling can result in death or serious injury.
Incorrect handling can result in bodily injury and/or structure damage.
Only a dealer or qualified technician should
• Improper installation may result in refrigerant gas leakage and
Do not make any modifications or alterations.
Consult your dealer for repair.
• Improper installation may result in water leakage, electric shock,
In the event of a refrigerant leak, thoroughly
ventilate the room.
• If refrigerant leaks and comes in contact with an open flame,
toxic gases will be generated.
Properly dispose of packing materials.
• Plastic bags can pose suffocation and choking hazards: keep
them out of the reach of children. Tear the plastics bags before
disposing of them.
* See the Installation Manual that came with the outdoor unit for installation instructions.
Properly install all parts according to the
instructions in the Installation Manual.
• If the wrong twinning pipe or wrong size connecting pipe is used,
air conditioning performance will suffer.
When installing or relocating the unit, check that
no substance other than the specified refrigerant
(R410A) enters the refrigerant circuit.
• Any presence of foreign substance or air can cause abnormal
pressure rise or explosion.
After installation, check for a refrigerant leak.
• If leaked refrigerant comes in contact with a heat source, such
as a fan heater, stove, or electric grill, toxic gases will be
Do not touch the refrigerant pipes and refrigerant
circuit components with bare hands during and
immediately after operation.
• During or immediately after operation, certain parts of the unit
such as pipes and compressor may be either very cold or hot,
depending on the state of the refrigerant in the unit at the time.
To reduce the risk of frostbites and burns, do not touch these
parts with bare hands.