(2) Connecting the twinning pipe kit
(1) Braze the high-pressure pipe ( 6 ) to the refrigerant
(2) Screw down the low-pressure twinning pipe kit ( 1 ) to
the sheet metal of the refrigerant service valve with the
screws ( 3 ), and braze it to the refrigerant service valve.
(3) Braze the elbow ( 5 ) to the field-piping first, and then
braze it to the low-pressure twinning pipe kit ( 1 ).
(4) Braze the elbow ( 4 ) to the low-pressure pipe in the
1. Exercise caution not to burn the cables while brazing the
2. Before brazing pipes to the refrigerant service valve, place
a wet towel on the valve to keep its temperature from rising
above 120°C [248°F].
(5) Wrap the u-bend of the low-pressure twinning pipe kit ( 1 )
with the pipe cover ( 7 ), and tie a band ( c ) around it to
keep it in place.
· To prevent the refrigerant service valve from being damaged, do
not let its temperature rise above 120°C [248°F].
Place a wet towel on the refrigerant service valve before brazing
· Direct the blazing torch flame away from the adjacent cables
and sheet metal to keep them from being damaged.
(6) Pipe connection (high-pressure side)
· Make sure the pipes from the twinning pipe to the heat source unit are sloped downwards.
High-pressure twinning pipe
· If high-pressure twinning pipe is installed above the base of the
heat source unit, it should be no more than 200 mm [7-7/8 in.].
3. Pipe Connection Example
Connect the pipes between heat source units,
referencing the figure below.
To BC controller
Low-pressure connecting pipe
(Between heat source units)
Heat source unit 1
To BC controller
2 High-pressure twinning pipe
Main high-pressure pipe (To BC controller)
Wrap the pipe cover here.
(Keep out of contact with
the adjacent sheet metal.)
(Low-pressure connecting pipe: To BC Controller)
(Low-pressure connecting pipe: To heat source unit)
(High-pressure connecting pipe)
Heat source unit 2
Main low-pressure pipe (To BC controller)