• water ices, if consumed immediately
after removal from the freezer
compartment, can possibly cause the
skin to be freeze burnt;
• it is advisable to show the freezing in
date on each individual pack to
enable you to keep tab of the storage
5.4 Hints for storage of frozen
To obtain the best performance from this
appliance, you should:
6. CARE AND CLEANING
Refer to Safety chapters.
6.1 General warnings
Unplug the appliance before
carrying out any
This appliance contains
hydrocarbons in its cooling
unit; maintenance and
recharging must therefore
only be carried out by
The accessories and parts of
the appliance are not
suitable for washing in a
6.2 Periodic cleaning
Do not pull, move or
damage any pipes and/or
cables inside the cabinet.
Take care of not to damage
the cooling system.
When moving the cabinet,
lift it by the front edge to
avoid scratching the floor.
• make sure that the commercially
frozen foodstuffs were adequately
stored by the retailer;
• be sure that frozen foodstuffs are
transferred from the foodstore to the
freezer in the shortest possible time;
• not open the door frequently or leave
it open longer than absolutely
• once defrosted, food deteriorates
rapidly and cannot be refrozen;
• do not exceed the storage period
indicated by the food manufacturer.
The equipment has to be cleaned
1. Clean the inside and accessories with
lukewarm water and some neutral
2. Regularly check the door seals and
wipe clean to ensure they are clean
and free from debris.
3. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
4. If accessible, clean the condenser
and the compressor at the back of
the appliance with a brush.
This operation will improve the
performance of the appliance and
save electricity consumption.
6.3 Cleaning the ventilation
Make sure the door is open.
The ventilation grille can be removed for
1. Loosen the edge of the grille by
pulling it according to the figure.
2. Pull the grille straight out to
completely remove it.
3. Vacuum clean under the cabinet.