If a fault occurs, first check the points listed below before taking the set for repair. If you are unable to remedy a problem by
following these hints, consult your dealer or service centre.
Under no circumstances should you try to repair the set yourself, as this will invalidate your
– POSSIBLE CAUSE
Hum when using mains adapter
– Adapter used is unsuitable
• Use a Philips SBC6650 or other standard regulated 3V DC
Poor sound/ no sound
– Headphones plug not fully inserted
• Insert plug fully
– Volume is turned down
• Turn up volume
– Tape head dirty
• Clean tape head (see MAINTENANCE)
The model number is found at the bottom of the set and the production number in the battery compartment.
This set complies with the radio interference requirements of the European Union.
Severe radio hum/ distortion
– FM aerial (headphones cord) not fully extended
• Extend FM aerial fully
– Set too close to TV, computer, etc.
• Move set away from other electrical equipment
– Batteries weak
• Insert new batteries
Front panel controls/ display does not function properly
– Electrostatic discharge
• Use a ball-point pen to press the RESET button and then
Auto reverse occurs before end of tape
– High friction on tape
• Try fast winding the tape once