Removing a Disc
To remove a disc from the DVD-ROM drive, perform the following steps:
1. Open the Loading Tray by pressing the Eject Button.
2. Grasp disc by edges, and lift out of loading tray.
3. Press Eject Button again to close Loading Tray.
Keep the disc tray closed when not using the DVD-ROM Drive.
Do not press down on the disc tray when opening or closing it.
Do not place objects on the disc tray.
Never use a damaged, broken, or deformed disc.
Do not press the Open/Close button while the drive is playing a DVD movie or accessing a disc.
To stop a DVD movie, click Stop button in the DVD player application program.
NOTE: High-speed drives spin the disc at a high rotational speed. If a disc has printing on only half of the
disc, or if there is a slight imbalance in the disc, the imbalance is greatly magnified by the high speed,
causing the drive to vibrate or produce a fan-like noise. These effects are inherent in the high-speed
technology and do not indicate a problem with the drive.
CAUTION: The following procedure is intended only as a last resort when pressing the
eject button fails to open the Loading Tray
1. Turn computer power OFF by properly shutting down system.
2. Insert a solid bar (i.e. large paper clip) into Emergency Eject hole and push as shown in the
3. DVD tray will open/eject.
Figure 3.Using Emergency Eject
This procedure cannot be repeated without cycling the DVD-ROMs (computer's) power.
After the media is removed and the loading tray is closed, the tray will not reopen without first turning the