G e n e r a l i n f o r ma t i o n :
OM3-020P use a Hall-Sensor to measure the oil level. A magnetic float changes its
position according to the oil level. The hall sensor converts these magnetic field
changes into an equivalent signal, which is used by the internal electronic to show
the actual oil level with LED's and activate the integrated solenoid valve to feed
missing oil directly into the compressor sump. For application in refrigeration
systems according to EN 378.
• OM3-020P is a potential ignition source and has not been qualified
according to ATEX standards. Installation only in "non-explosive location".
• OM3-020P has special O-rings released for propane, installation in
combination with OM0-CCP brazing adapter only.
S a f e t y i n s t r u c t i o n s :
• Read operating instructions thoroughly. Failure to comply can result in device
failure, system damage or personal injury.
• According to EN 13313 it is intended for use by persons having the
appropriate knowledge and skill.
• In a severely contaminated system, avoid breathing acid vapors and avoid
contact with skin from contaminated refrigerant / lubricants. Failure to do so
could result in injury.
• Before opening any system make sure pressure in system is brought to and
remains at atmospheric pressure.
• Do not exceed the specified maximum ratings for pressure, temperature,
voltage and current.
• Ensure that the system piping is grounded.
• Ensure that design, installation and operation are according to European and
• Before installation or service disconnect all voltages from system and device.
Note: Float contains lead and has to be recycled after operation!
S y s t e m c o m p o n e n t s ( F i g . 3 , 5 , 6 )
Sight glass O-ring 33x2,4
Adapter O-ring 25,1x2,6
Coil connector OM3-Pxx with screw
Relay connector OM3-Nxx with
I n s t a l l a t i o n w i t h B r a z i n g A d a p t e r O M 0 - C C P :
(see Fig. 1,2,3,5,6)
1. Perform and consider the brazing joint as per EN 14324.
2. Insert the flange ring (7) with O-ring groove in the direction to OM3-020P on
the compressor oil fitting (16) and hold near compressor body.
3. Insert brass adapter (6) into compressor oil fitting.
4. Use flux and silver rod having a minimum of 30% silver for optimum permanent
joint between brass adapter and compressor oil fitting (copper coated steel).
5. When brazing, direct flame away from compressor body. Use wet rags around
oil fitting to protect compressor paint.
6. Remove and discard the screw transport holder (15) from the back side of OM3
base unit which secure three screws (1), O-rings (2) and sight glass (3) during
7. Pull the flange ring (7) away from compressor until placed firmly at the front
end of adapter (6). Mount O-ring (5) into the groove of flange ring (7).
8. Attach the base unit to flange ring (7) by locating the grove stamped into flange
ring in line with the main body marking (Fig. 5) and tighten three screws (1)
with 12 Nm torque
Remark: For proper function the base unit must be installed horizontally (see
9. Install the oil supply line to 7/16-20 UNF thread (13). Oil connector with screen
and O-ring can be removed for cleaning purpose or replacement (see Fig. 6)
P r e s s u r e T e s t :
After completion of installation, a pressure test must be carried out as follows:
- according to EN 378 for systems which must comply with European pressure
equipment directive 2014/68/EU.
- to maximum working pressure of system for other applications.
Emerson Climate Technologies GmbH
Am Borsigturm 31 I 13507 Berlin I Germany
Oil Management OM3-020P TraxOil
for R290 in non-explosive environment / zone
10 Solenoid coil ESC-..., incl. 2x O-
ring, screw holder & Cap
11 Coil screw cap ESC-...
12 Base unit
13 7/16"-UNF oil connector incl. O-ring
14 Oil connector O-ring 7,6x1,8
15 Screw transport holder
16 Compressor oil fitting
• Failure to do so could result in loss of refrigerant and personal injury.
• The pressure test must be conducted by skilled persons with due respect
regarding the danger related to pressure.
T i g h t n e s s T e s t :
Conduct a tightness test according to EN 378-2 with appropriate equipment and
method to identify leakages of external joints. The allowable leakage rate must be
according system manufacturer's specification. This must be specially considered in
conjunction with flammable refrigerant R290!
E l e c t r i c a l C o n n e c t i o n : ( s e e F i g . 3 , 4 )
1. For coil mounting please refer to coil operating instruction.
2. Connect OM3-Pxx (8) to OM3-020P, OM3-Nxx (9) cable assembly to coil.
Recommended torque for the plug screws is 0.15 Nm (hand-tight).
W i r i n g : ( s e e F i g . 3 , 4 )
Note: Do not switch the compressor directly. Use compressor's power relay
instead. See Fig. 4 for connection of OM3-020P to the safety loop (SL) of a rack
• Connect the OM3-Nxx (9) cable to the relay connection according Fig. 1,2,3:
For 24V Supply
• The OM3-Pxx cable assembly requires a coil with 24 VAC.
• Connect OM3-Pxx (8) wires to the power supply (i.e. ECT-323) acc. Fig. 1
O p e r a t i o n : ( F i g . 4 )
OM3-020P is fully level controlled. The sight glass of each device is divided into
three operational zones. When the level reaches the yellow zone (YE) the OM3-020P
starts filling after a time delay of 10 sec. Further level drop to the red zone (RE) will
switch the alarm relay after a time delay of 20sec.
The current status is indicated with the 3 LEDs according to the following table:
• To provide the correct oil level at any time we recommend to keep the OM3-
020P always powered on (also during compressor stand-by and shutdown
• First Installation: After connecting OM3-020P to power supply and oil level
below 60%, OM3-020P starts injecting after 10sec delay, to bring oil immediately
to a safe level.
T e c h n i c a l D a t a :
Maximum working pressure PS:
Test Pressure PT:
Alarm contact rating:
Time delay filling:
Times delay alarm:
Storage, transport and ambient temperature (housing):
Oil supply fitting:
(open in Alarm)
(closed in Alarm)
Status / Function
Oil Level in zone 1 (60 - 40%)
Oil Level in zone 1 (60 - 40%) & Injection
Oil Level in zone 2 (40 - 25%) & Injection
Oil Level in zone 3 (25 - 0%) & Injection
according. EMC and Low Voltage Directive
OM3-020P: 35 bar
OM3-020P: 39 bar
OM3-020P: 21 bar
24 VAC, 50 Hz (±10%)
7/16"-20 UNF male