IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR BATTERY
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS: This manual contains important safety instructions for
• Before using charger, read all instructions and cautionary markings on charger,
battery pack, and product using battery pack.
WARNING: Burn hazard. To reduce the risk of injury, charge only Black & Decker
batteries. Other types of batteries may burst causing personal injury and damage.
CAUTION: Under certain conditions, with the charger plugged in to the power supply,
the charger can be shorted by foreign material. Foreign materials of a conductive nature
such as, but not limited to, steel wool, aluminum foil, or any buildup of metallic particles
should be kept away from charger cavities. Always unplug the charger from the power
supply when there is no battery pack in the cavity. Unplug charger before attempting to
WARNING: Shock hazard. Do not allow any liquid to get inside charger.
• DO NOT attempt to charge the battery pack with anything other than a
Black & Decker VPX
battery packs are specifically designed to work together.
• These chargers are not intended for any uses other than charging Black &
rechargeable batteries. Any other uses may result in risk of fire,
electric shock or electrocution.
• Do not expose charger to rain or snow.
• Pull by plug rather than cord when disconnecting charger or when
disconnecting cords using the daisy chain feature. This will reduce risk of
damage to electric plug and cord.
• Make sure that cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over,
or otherwise subjected to damage or stress.
• Do not use an extension cord unless it is absolutely necessary. Use of
improper extension cord could result in risk of fire, electric shock, or electrocution.
• An extension cord must have adequate wire size (AWG or American Wire
Gauge) for safety. The smaller the gauge number of the wire, the greater the
capacity of the cable, that is 16 gauge has more capacity than 18 gauge. When using
more than one extension to make up the total length, be sure each individual
extension contains at least the minimum wire size.
• Do not operate charger with damaged cords or plugs — have them replaced
• Do not operate charger if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or
otherwise damaged in any way.
• Do not disassemble charger. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric
shock, electrocution or fire.
• Disconnect the charger from the outlet before attempting any cleaning. This will
reduce the risk of electric shock. Removing the battery pack will not reduce this
• The charger is designed to operate on standard household electrical power
(120 Volts). Do not attempt to use it on any other voltage.
• See instruction manual for use in countries other than the U.S.A.
• This power unit is intended to be correctly orientated in a vertical or floor
Black & Decker VPX
packs in approximately 5-6 hours. The charger requires no adjustment and is designed
to be as easy as possible to operate. Simply place your battery pack into the receptacle
of a plugged in charger and it will automatically charge the pack. As you add new
chargers to your Black & Decker VPX
multiple chargers from a single outlet.
branded charger. Black & Decker VPX
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
chargers are designed to charge Black & Decker VPX
system, utilize the "daisy chain" feature to power