Position 3: O
Position 2: 18 LED Panel Lamp On
Additional safety instructions for
batteries and chargers
• Never attempt to open for any reason.
• Do not expose the battery to water.
• Do not store in locations where the
temperature may exceed 40 °C.
• Charge only at ambient temperatures
between 10 °C and 40 °C.
• Charge only using the charger provided
with the tool.
• When disposing of batteries, follow the
instructions given in the section
"Protecting the environment".
Do not attempt to charge damaged
• Use your BLACK+DECKER charger only
to charge the battery in the tool with
which it was supplied. Other batteries
could burst, causing personal injury and
• Never attempt to charge
• Have defective cords replaced
• Do not expose the charger to water.
• Do not open the charger.
• Do not probe the charger.
The charger is intended for indoor
Read the instruction manual before
This tool is double insulated;
therefore no earth wire is required.
Always check that the power
supply corresponds to the voltage on the
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer or an
authorised Black & Decker Service Centre
in order to avoid a hazard.
1. Carry handle
2. 13 - LED round array lamp
3. 18 - LED panel lamp
4. Charging indicator light
5. On/o button
7. Battery lead
8. cord storage
Warning! Let the tool work at its
own pace. Do not overload.
Charging the battery
The battery needs to be charged before ﬁrst
use and whenever it fails to produce
su cient power on jobs that were easily
The battery may become warm while
charging; this is normal and does not
indicate a problem
Warning: Do not charge the battery at
ambient temperatures below 10 °C or above
40 °C. Recommended charging
temperature: approx. 24 °C.