• To verify the Wi-Fi connection, check that Wi-Fi
control panel is lit.
• The appliance supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks only. To check
your network frequency, contact your Internet service provider
or refer to your wireless router manual.
• LG SmartThinQ is not responsible for any network connection
problems or any faults, malfunctions, or errors caused by
• If the appliance is having trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi
network, it may be too far from the router. Purchase a Wi-Fi
repeater (range extender) to improve the Wi-Fi signal strength.
• The Wi-Fi connection may not connect or may be interrupted
because of the home network environment.
• The network connection may not work properly depending on
the Internet service provider.
• The surrounding wireless environment can make the wireless
network service run slowly.
• The appliance cannot be registered due to problems with the
wireless signal transmission. Unplug the appliance and wait
about a minute before trying again.
• If the firewall on your wireless router is enabled, disable the
firewall or add an exception to it.
• The wireless network name (SSID) should be a combination of
English letters and numbers. (Do not use special characters.)
• Smartphone user interface (UI) may vary depending on the
mobile operating system (OS) and the manufacturer.
• If the security protocol of the router is set to WEP, you may fail
to set up the network. Please change it to other security
protocols (WPA2 is recommended) and register the product
icon on the