1. Turn the fabric select dial to setting 1, 2 or 3 (dRY) to
iron without steam (D). The Smart Steam
automatically turn steam off.
2. To dry iron at higher settings, empty the water from the
reservoir to prevent steaming.
EMPTYING WATER TANK
Note: It is not necessary to empty the water tank after each use.
1. Unplug the iron and let it cool.
2. To release the water, hold the iron over a sink with the
tip pointing down. Water will empty out the water-fill
ANTI DRIP SYSTEM
The anti drip system prevents water spotting at low temperatures.
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified
CLEANING OUTSIDE SURFACES
1. Make sure iron is unplugged and has cooled completely. Wipe the soleplate
and outer surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with water and mild
household detergent. Never use abrasives, heavy-duty cleansers, vinegar or
scouring pads that may scratch or discolor the iron.
2. After cleaning, steam iron over an old cloth to remove any residue from the
STORING YOUR IRON
1. Unplug the iron and let it cool completely.
2. Check that the fabric select dial is set to 0.
3. Store iron on its heel rest. Storing iron on its soleplate can cause leaks or
For service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance, call the appropriate
800 number on cover of this book. Please DO NOT return the product to the place of
purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail product back to manufacturer, nor bring it to a
service center. You may also want to consult the website listed on the cover of this
Two-Year Limited Warranty
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
• Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, Applica's liability will not
exceed the purchase price of product.
For how long?
• Two years after date of purchase.
What will we do to help you?
• Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either new or
How do you get service?
• Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
• Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/applica, or call toll-free
1-800-231-9786, for general warranty service.
• If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
What does your warranty not cover?
• damage from commercial use
• damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
• Products that have been modified in any way
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
• Glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
• Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
• Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do
not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this
limitation may not apply to you.)
How does state law relate to this warranty?
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that
vary from state to state or province to province.
Made in People's Republic of China
Printed in People's Republic of China
is a registered trademark of The Black & decker Corporation,
Towson, Maryland, USA