How to Use
This appliance is intended for household use only.
GETTING ST RTED
Remove any labels, stickers or tags attached to the body or soleplate of the iron.
Note: Use ordinary tap water for ironing. Do not use water processed through a
home softening system
Important: For optimum performance, let the iron stand for 90 seconds before
beginning to iron.
FILLING W TER T NK
1. With iron on flat surface with soleplate down, open
water-fill cover ( ).
2. Tilt the iron and using a clean measuring cup, pour water
into opened chamber until water reaches the M X level
mark on the side of the water tank. Do not overfill.
3. Close the water-fill cover.
4. Plug in the iron. The on indicator light illuminates green (B).
Once the iron reaches the selected temperature, the light
goes off and stays off during the ironing cycle.
Note: If you need to add water while ironing, unplug the iron
and follow above steps.
Tip: If unsure of a garment's fiber, test a small area (on an inside seam or hem)
3-W Y UTOM TIC SHUTOFF
The automatic shutoff feature in your iron works as follows:
• Once the iron reaches appropriate temperature, it will turn
off after 30 seconds of inactivity if left on its soleplate or
tipped over on its side. If left vertically on its heel rest, it will
shut off after 8 minutes (C).
• The UTO OFF light starts blinking red to let you know that
the iron has stopped heating (D).
s soon as you pick up the iron, it will start heating
again. Wait for iron to reheat completely before resuming
SM RT STE M
The Smart Steam
system automatically produces steam when you turn the fabric-
select dial between settings 4 and 6. The higher the setting, the more powerful the
SURGE OF STE M
Use to remove stubborn creases.
1. With the water tank filled to the M X mark, set fabric-select
dial to appropriate setting (between 4 and 6) for your fabric.
See fabric guide under the heel rest and read garment's label
to help you determine fabric type (E).
2. Be sure there is water in the reservoir. Steam is
automatically turned off between settings 0 and 3.
3. For best performance, use surge of steam at 5-second
4. When finished ironing, turn the fabric-select dial to 0 and
unplug the iron.
Important: lways stand the iron on its heel rest when
powered on but not in use.
VERTIC L STE M
Use for removing wrinkles from hanging clothes and drapes.
1. Be sure the water tank is filled to the M X mark.
2. Hang the garment to be steamed on a clothes hanger. (Curtains or drapes can
be steamed once they are hung.)
3. Set the fabric-select dial to appropriate setting (between 4 and 6) for
4. Hold the iron close to, but not touching, the fabric.
5. Pull the fabric tight in your free hand and pump the
button as you move the iron over the fabric (G).
USING SPR Y
Use to dampen tough wrinkles at any setting (H).
1. Be sure the iron is filled with water.
2. On first use, pump the
1. Turn the fabric selection dial to setting 1, 2, or 3
iron without steam (J). The Smart Steam
automatically turn off.
2. To dry iron at higher settings, empty the water from the
reservoir to prevent steaming.
button several times.