HINTS FOR BEST RESULTS
clean coffeemaker is essential for making great tasting coffee. regular
cleaning, as specified in the C rE ND CLE NINg INSTrUCTIONS, is highly
• lways use fresh, cold water in your coffeemaker.
• Do not add less than 4 cups (20 ounces) of water to the water reservoir.
• Do not add more than 8 scoops of whole bean coffee to the mill basket.
• The coffee Mill is intended for COFFEE ONLY. Never grind any other food
products or spices in the coffee mill.
• Store coffee in a cool, dry place. Once coffee has been opened, keep it tightly
sealed in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
• Do not re-use coffee grounds.
• reheating coffee is not recommended. Coffee is at its peak flavor immediately
Care and Cleaning
This appliance requires little maintenance. It contains no user-serviceable parts.
ny servicing requiring disassembly other than cleaning must be performed by a
qualified appliance repair technician.
CLE NING INSTRUCTIONS
Note: Do not place anything other than water or the vinegar cleaning solution
specified in this manual into the water reservoir.
1. To clean your coffeemaker after brewing, be sure the coffeemaker is turned
OFF, unplugged and cool.
2. Wipe the outside of your coffeemaker and the warming plate with a soft, damp
cloth and dry. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads.
3. Hand wash mill basket, mill lid, carafe lid and carafe in warm, sudsy water.
DO NOT PL CE IN DISHW SHEr.
Warning: Never immerse the coffeemaker body in water or other liquid.
Warning: Rinse water reservoir with cold water periodically. NEVER use a cloth
to clean or dry the water reservoir as the cloth will leave a lint residue and may
clog and cause damage to your coffeemaker.
MINER L DEPOSITS / DEC LCIFyING
Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your coffeemaker. excessive steaming
or a prolonged brewing cycle are signs that a cleaning is needed. Cleaning is
recommended every 60 brewing cycles.
HOW TO DEC LCIFy yOUR COFFEEM KER
1. Pour white into the carafe up to the 6-cup mark. dd cold water up to the
10-cup mark. Pour the water/vinegar mixture into the water reservoir and
place empty carafe onto the warming plate.
2. Insert the mill basket and lid into place. DO NOT USE COFFEE!
3. Press the mill button
to turn the grinding blades off. The mill indicator
light will appear.
4. Press the power button
to begin the cleaning cycle.
5. When the cycle is finished, press the power button
coffeemaker OFF. Carefully remove the carafe and place on a heat resistant
6. Wait 15 minutes. Pour the same vinegar / water solution back into the water
reservoir and replace the carafe back onto the warming plate.
7. repeat steps 3 and 4 above.
8. When the brew cycle is finished, press the power button
coffeemaker OFF and discard the solution.
9. To rinse: llow the coffeemaker to cool for 15 minutes. Fill the carafe with
cold fresh water. Pour the water into the water reservoir and replace the
carafe onto the warming plate. Press the mill button
grinding blades off. Press the power button
complete, discard the water. repeat this step with another carafe of fresh
water. Discard the rinse water.
10. Wash and dry all removable parts. Wipe the exterior of the coffeemaker
with a damp cloth.
to turn the
to turn the
to turn the
. When the brew cycle is