no other files on the microSD card.
B. Updating the firmware on your AppRadio SPH-DA01
• Please DO NOT perform any further steps of this firmware update if the model number is anything other than
Check the model number of your system to confirm that you are using an AppRadio SPH-DA01
Check the lower left side of the face panel to find the model number of your system. The model number is
printed on the horizontal surface just above the volume buttons.
• microSD storage device requirements:
― 512 MB or larger in capacity, formatted to FAT32
― Should be blank (should not contain any files)
• Ensure that the update file is located within the root (top) folder of your microSD storage device. There
should be no other files within the microSD storage device.
• While your AppRadio is being updated, DO NOT turn off the system's power and DO NOT touch the
AppRadio's touchscreen panel. Failure to heed this warning may result in serious damage to your AppRadio.
• DO NOT remove the microSD memory device during the firmware update process.
• Disconnect any mobile devices that are currently connected to your AppRadio.
• Performing the firmware update will restore all settings to their default values.
1. Before proceeding, disconnect any connected iPhone 4 or 4S or iPod touch devices. Turn the
vehicle's key to the ON position and power up the AppRadio.
2. Gently press the right side of the microSD slot cover as illustrated below to reveal the microSD
3. With the AppRadio home screen displayed on the AppRadio, load the microSD card into your
Page 2 of 4