Note: The BREW STRENGTH can be selected before or after brewing begins.
11. Press the POWER button and brewing begins.
Note: To delay brewing see, DEL yED BREWING section.
12. Once the brewing cycle is complete the word FRESH
and the FRESH icon will appear on the digital
13. Press brew basket compartment release button
14. Use basket handle to carefully remove and discard
used grounds and paper filter. Replace basket and
close brew basket compartment.
fter 20 minutes the digital display will change
to NOT FRESH and the icon will also indicate the
16. Keep carafe on the "Keep Hot" plate between
servings to preserve the temperature of the coffee
in the carafe.
17. The coffeemaker automatically shuts off after 2 hours.
18. Unplug appliance when not in use.
SNE K- -CUP
INTERRUPT FE TURE
The Sneak- -Cup
feature allows you to pour a cup of coffee from the carafe
while the coffee is brewing. When the carafe is removed the brewing process is
paused. Simply replace the carafe on the "Keep Hot" plate within 30 seconds and
DEL yED BREWING
1. Follow steps 1 through 10 under the BReWIng COFFee section.
2. Press the PROG button; the word UTO flashes on the
bottom left of the display (M).
3. The digital clock displays 1:00 or the previous preset
delayed start time.
4. To change the time: press the HOUR button until the
correct time appears on the display. Repeat with the
5. Press the PROG button again. The delayed brewing is set.
6. Press the UTO button to activate the delayed brewing. The UTO button
lights and the UTO logo are displayed.
7. To check the preset auto time, press PROG button and it will display the time
selected for delay brewing to begin.
8. To cancel the uto brew, press the UTO button. ll lights are off.
COFFEE BREWING TIPS
• Stir coffee in carafe before serving to evenly distribute the flavor.
• Coffee that is poured during brewing cycle may vary in strength from the
• not sure how much coffee to use? Begin by using 1 level tablespoon of
medium grind coffee for each cup of coffee to be brewed.
• For variety, add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or allspice to the coffee grounds
• If you like milk or half-and-half in your coffee, pour amount of milk desired into
the carafe before brewing. Make sure to leave enough room in the carafe for the
amount of coffee you wish to brew.
• For a special occasion, whip some heavy cream with 2 or 3 tablespoons of
orange marmalade. Use to top off each cup of coffee.
• Keep your coffeemaker scrupulously clean; you'll be pleased with the flavor.
Note: The residual oils from previously brewed coffee can give your next brew a
rancid, bitter flavor (see C Re nD CLe nIng section).
• For iced coffee, brew the coffee with twice the normal amount of grounds. The
ice dilutes the coffee flavor. Or make coffee ice cubes and brew your normal
strength. Remember when pouring hot liquid into a glass, always put a spoon in
the glass before adding the hot liquid.
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service
Caution: Do not overexpose the control panel to water. Water may cause
permanent damage and make the coffeemaker inoperable.
1. Make sure the unit is unplugged and cooled before cleaning.
2. Open water reservoir cover.
3. Remove the brew basket by its handle and lift straight up.
4. Discard the paper filter with the grounds.
5. Clean parts as follows:
• Brew basket, carafe and lid are all top rack dishwasher safe; or they may
be hand washed in warm, sudsy water.
• Wipe the exterior and the "Keep Hot" plate with a soft damp cloth. Do not
use abrasive cleansers or scouring pads. never immerse the coffeemaker
TRE T C R FE WITH C RE
damaged carafe may result in possible burns from a hot liquid. To avoid
• Do not allow all liquid to evaporate from the carafe while on the "Keep Hot"
plate or heat the carafe when empty.
• Discard the carafe if damaged in any manner.
• never use abrasive scouring pads or cleansers; they will scratch and weaken the
• Do not place the carafe on or near a hot gas or electric burner, in a heated oven
or in a microwave oven.
void rough handling and sharp blows.
W TER FILTER HOLDER
To clean water filter holder:
1. Press latch on filter holder to open (see illustration C).
2. Take out carbon filter.
chip or crack could result in