Coffeemaker is not
not turn on.
• Water reservoir
may be overfilled.
• Carafe may not be
correctly placed on
"Keep Hot" carafe
Brewing takes too
Coffee is not
might be empty.
There may be no
coffee grounds in
Carafe may be
on "Keep Hot"
grounds in brewed
Filter and/or filter
basket are not
RIsK OF FIRE OR ELECtRIC sHOCK. DO NOt OPEN.
The lightning symbol refers to "dangerous voltage"; the exclamation symbol
refers to maintenance instructions. See below.
Warning: to reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not remove the cover
of the coffeemaker. there are no user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should
be done by authorized service personnel only.
Check to be sure appliance is
plugged in to a working outlet
and the on/oFF (I/o) switch is
powered on (I).
• Make sure water reservoir
has not been filled beyond
MAX fill line.
• Make sure carafe is placed
correctly on "Keep Hot"
carafe plate and is centered
under filter basket holder.
Follow procedure in CARe And
Make sure water reservoir has
sufficient water to brew desired
number of cups of coffee.
Add sufficient amount of coffee
grounds to paper filter in
removable filter basket.
Remove carafe and insert so
that carafe rests comfortably
within grooves on "Keep Hot"
Insert paper filter into filter
basket and insert basket
properly into holder.
For service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance, call the appropriate
800 number on cover of this book. Please DO NOt return the product to the place of
purchase. Also, please DO NOt mail product back to manufacturer, nor bring it to a
service center. You may also want to consult the website listed on the cover of this
two-Year Limited Warranty
(Applies only in the United states and Canada)
What does it cover?
• Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, Applica's liability will not
exceed the purchase price of product.
For how long?
• Two years after date of purchase.
What will we do to help you?
• Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either new or
How do you get service?
• Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
• Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/applica, or call toll-free
-800-23-9786, for general warranty service.
• If you need parts or accessories, please call -800-738-0245.
What does your warranty not cover?
• damage from commercial use
• damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
• Products that have been modified in any way
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
• glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
• Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
• Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do
not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this
limitation may not apply to you.)
How does state law relate to this warranty?
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that
vary from state to state or province to province.
is a trademark of The Black & decker Corporation,
Towson, Maryland, USA
Made in People's Republic of China
Printed in People's Republic of China