However, there is no guarantee that interference
will not occur in a particular installation. If this
equipment does cause harmful interference to
radio or television reception, which can be
determined by turning the equipment off and on,
the user is encouraged to try to correct the
interference by one or more of the following
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a
circuit different from that to which the receiver
– Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV
technician for help.
The supplied interface cable must be used with the
equipment in order to comply with the limits for a
digital device pursuant to Subpart B of Part 15 of
For the State of California, USA only
Perchlorate Material - special handling may
Perchlorate Material: Lithium battery contains
Notes on use
Types of "Memory Stick" you can use
with your camcorder
• For recording movies, it is recommended that
you use a "Memory Stick PRO Duo" of 512 MB
or larger marked with:
• A "Memory Stick PRO Duo" of up to 8 GB has
been confirmed to operate correctly with this
• See page 15 for the recordable time of a
"Memory Stick PRO Duo."
• "Memory Stick PRO Duo" and "Memory Stick
PRO-HG Duo" are both called as "Memory
Stick PRO Duo" in this manual.
Using the camcorder
• The camcorder is not dustproofed, dripproofed
or waterproofed. See "Precautions" (p. 35).
• To prevent the "Memory Stick PRO Duo" from
being broken or recorded images from being
lost, do not do the following when either of the
respective lamps of the POWER switch (p. 12)
or the access lamp (p. 13) is on:
– to remove the battery pack or AC Adaptor
from the camcorder.
– to apply mechanical shock or vibration to the
• When inserting or ejecting the "Memory Stick
PRO Duo," be careful so that the "Memory
Stick PRO Duo" does not pop out and drop
• When connecting your camcorder to another
device with a cable, be sure to insert the
connector plug in the correct way. Pushing the
plug forcibly into the terminal will damage the
terminal and may result in a malfunction of your
• Before starting to record, test the recording
function to make sure the image and sound are
recorded without any problems.
• Compensation for the contents of recordings
cannot be provided, even if recording or
playback is not possible due to a malfunction of
the camcorder, recording media, etc.
• TV color systems differ depending on the
country/region. To view your recordings on a
TV, you need an NTSC system-based TV.
• Television programs, films, video tapes, and
other materials may be copyrighted.
Unauthorized recording of such materials may
be contrary to the copyright laws.
On playing back recorded images on
• To view the HD (high definition) images
recorded on the "Memory Stick PRO Duo" on
other devices, the device must comply with the
AVCHD format. Otherwise, you cannot view