V48A,F,J; V88A,J DIAPHRAGM GAS VALVES
When replacing a valve, cut off old compression
fitting and replace with a new compression fitting.
Never use the old compression fitting because it may
not provide a tight gas seal.
3. Push tubing into the pilot gas tapping on the outlet end
of the valve until it bottoms. While holding tubing all the
way in, slide fitting into place and engage threads—turn
until finger tight. Then use wrench and tighten one turn
beyond finger tight.
4. Connect other end of tubing to pilot burner according to
pilot burner manufacturers instructions.
5. If required, connect the tubing to bleed gas tapping
(Fig. 3 and 4) as described in step 3. Connect other end
of bleed tubing to main burner or to outside atmosphere.
CHIPS (THEY MAY
LODGE ON SEAT)
Fig. 3. Preparing piping and installing valve.
1. Disconnect the power supply before making wiring
connections to prevent electrical shock and equipment
Fig. 4. Connecting tubing to pilot for bleed gas tapping.
2. All wiring must comply with applicable electrical codes,
ordinances, and regulations. Use NEC Class 1 (line
NEVER USE VALVE
AS A HANDLE
STRAINS VALVE BODY
SLEEVE CLINCHES AROUND TUBING
AS NUT IS TIGHTENED