1. Installing the TV
This TV can be mounted on a wall using a Wall-
Mount Bracket or placed on a TV stand (each sold
separately). This section will explain:
• How to carry the TV
• Preparation for a Table-Top stand
• Preparation for a Wall-Mount Bracket
• Installation against a wall or enclosed area
• Bundling the connecting cables
• Securing the TV
Carrying the TV
Be sure to follow these guidelines to protect your
property and avoid causing serious injury.
• Before carrying the TV, disconnect all cables.
• Carrying the large size TV requires two or more
• When carrying the TV, place your hand as
illustrated and hold it securely. Do not subject the
TV to shocks, vibration, or excessive force.
• Lift the TV by placing your palm directly
underneath the panel but do not:
• squeeze the speaker grill area
• place your fingers in the groove above the
speaker grill area
• put stress on the LCD panel.
• Do not lift the TV from the bottom center.
Preparation for Table-Top Stand
Follow the assembling steps required to place on a
TV stand (except models: KDL-52V4100 and
Remove the Table-Top Stand and screws from
the carton. The screws can be found in the
Place the Table-Top Stand on a level and
Gently slide the TV unit onto the neck of the
Table-Top Stand and align the screw holes.
• Do not put stress on the LCD panel or the frame
around the screen.
• Be careful to not pinch your hands or the AC power
cord when you install the TV unit to the Table-Top
Use the supplied screws to attach the TV unit
to the Table-Top Stand. Shown here with a
three screw model; other models may require
screwing four screws (refer to the "Attaching
the Table-Top Stand" flyer).
If an electric
screwdriver is used, set
the torque to tighten at
approximately 1.5 N·m,