Download  Print this page

Maintenance - Kenmore 153.14076810 Use & Care Manual

Wood pellet smoker grill
Hide thumbs


hot Firepot. This is dangerous and you may
be seriously burned. If you run out of pellets
and lose your fire while cooking, let the
Grill completely cool and perform the
procedure described in the Initial Firing
6. CAUTION! Make sure the Heat Baffle is
properly seated on its locating brackets.
The long lips of the Heat Baffle should be
pointing down over the Firepot. If not
seated properly, direct heat and flame
could come up out of the Firepot and
cause a grease fire in the Grill.
7. When estimating cooking times, the outside
temperature is an important factor. If it is hot
outside, it will take less time for food to cook.
If it is cold, wet or windy, it will take longer.
8. After selecting your cooking temperature (with
the exception of Smoke) the Auger will
operate continuously until the temperature is
reached. Then the controls will cycle the
Auger off and on to maintain the temperature.
When operating in Smoke mode, the Auger is
factory pre-set to cycle on for 15 seconds and
off for 65 seconds.
WARNING! Follow these guidelines to prevent
this colorless, odorless gas from poisoning
you, your family or others.
• Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide
poisoning: headache, dizziness, weakness,
nausea, vomiting, sleepiness and
confusion. Carbon monoxide reduces the
blood's ability to carry oxygen. Low blood
oxygen levels can result in loss of
consciousness and death.
• See a doctor if you or others develop cold
or flu-like symptoms while cooking or in
the vicinity of this Grill. Carbon monoxide
poisoning, which can easily be mistaken
for a cold or flu, is often detected too late.
• Alcohol consumption and drug use increase
the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide is especially toxic to
mother and child during pregnancy, infants,
the elderly, smokers and people with blood
or circulatory problems, such as anemia or
heart disease.
CAUTION! Grease fires are typically caused
by failing to clean your Grease Drain Pan
and Drain Tube on a consistent basis.
In the unlikely event of a grease fire while
cooking, turn the Power Switch OFF (O) and
keep the Grill Barrel Lid closed until the fire
is completely out.
Never keep the Grill Barrel Lid open during
a grease fire. If the fire does not go out,
briefly open the Grill Barrel Lid, lightly
sprinkle baking soda on the fire and reclose
the Lid. Be careful not to burn yourself!
When the fire is out and the Grill is
completely cool, remove the old foil from
the Drain Pan, clean the Pan and recover
with new foil. Clean any grease
accumulation from the Grease Drain Tube.


Creosote and Grease
When wood pellets are burned slowly, they
produce tar and other organic vapors that
combine with expelled moisture to form creosote.
The creosote vapors condense in the relatively
cool flue exhaust of a slow burning fire. As a
result, creosote accumulates on the flue lining.
When ignited, creosote makes an extremely hot
fire. Airborne grease particles will travel through
the cooking chamber. Some of this airborne
grease will accumulate on the flue lining along
with the creosote, which could contribute to a
fire. The smoke stack should be inspected at
least twice a year to determine when a creosote
or grease buildup has occurred.
Also, grease drippings from the food will fall
onto the Grease Drain Pan and be channeled
out of the Grill through the Grease Drain Tube
and collected in the Grease Bucket. Grease
will accumulate in all of these locations.
The Grease Drain, the Grease Drain Tube and
the Grease Bucket should be inspected at least
twice a year for signs of grease buildup. When
creosote or grease has accumulated, remove it
to reduce the risk of fire.
Cleaning Grease from your Grill:
WARNING! Turn the Switch OFF (O) and
disconnect the Power Cord.
CAUTION! Accumulated grease is easier to clean
off when the Grill is still warm –not hot.
Be careful not to burn yourself. Always wear
protective gloves.


Table of Contents

  Related Manuals for Kenmore 153.14076810