2-11. Landing Adjustment (2)
1. Attach the wobbling coil of allowance checker to neck
2. Input green flat field signal to LINE A.
3. Turn on the main power of the monitor, and degauss
CRT screen with a degausser.
4. Receive white flat field signal, and set brightness to 0,
contrast to 80.
5. Make sure that there is no flicker when changing input
signals among G, B, and R signals.
6. Select G signal and adjust the purity.
7. In case that flicker occurs in a flat field signal, adjust
8. When attaching a Mg, it should be on a center line
between CRT and the mislanding area.
9. Rotate the Mg to eliminate the mislanding.
10. Confirm that there is no mislanding on the other
11. Remove the air-core coil. Check uniformity in white
flat field signal.
12. Lock purity with white paint.
13. Confirmation after Mg is attached.
a. Deflection distortion
b. Landing after degaussing CRT
d. Attach Mg to DY with bond.
2-12. Focus Adjustment
1. Input 480/60I cross hatch-signal.
2. Adjust the focus so that the center of screen is the best.
VR on the upper side FBT
3. Input 480/60I entire white signal and ensure the
uniformity of entire screen.
Specification : 4 JND or less
2-13. White Balance Adjustment
2-13-1. Sub Bright Adjustment
Receive Gray Scale pattern signal.
* Gray scale : 0, 5, 10, 15 IRE (4 Steps)
2. Set the following items at PICT/SOUND CTRL.
CONTRAST 8 MIN
BRIGHTNESS 8 0 (CENTER)
3. Adjust SUB BRIGHT using the [SUB BRIGHT] at
SEVICE MODE [SIGNAL] - [WHITE BALANCE].
Check 0 and 5 IRE section of Gray Scale is completely
cut off and 10 IRE section of it lights faintly. (If not
2-13-2. White Balance Adjustment [D65]
1. Set the COLOR TEMP to D65.
2. Receive window pattern signal.
3. Adjust the D65 white balance within standard (de-
scription below) using the [R DRIVE] and [B DRIVE]
at SERVICE MODE
Switch the item R 8 G 8 B with [ENTER], and
change the data with [+]/[_].
4. Change over to all white signal and lower signal level ,
set brightness to 3 (+1/_0) cd/m
5. Adjust the D65 white balance within standard (de-
scription below) using the [OFFSET R] and [OFFSET
G] at SERVICE MODE [SIGNAL]-[WHITE BAL-
Switch the item R 8 G with [ENTER], and change
the data with [+]/[_].
6. Repeat the manual 2 to 5 until be able to adjust GAIN
side and BIAS side to the same value.