Professional 800 collection programmable espresso machine with grinder (57 pages)
Summary of Contents for Breville the Bambino Plus
Bambino Plus ™ Instruction Book - BES500...
• To eliminate a choking hazard for young children, SAFETY FIRST remove and safely discard the protective cover fitted At Breville we are very safety conscious. We design and to the power plug of this manufacture consumer appliance. products with the safety of you, •...
Cleaning Breville Service Centre and user maintenance shall for examination, not be made by children replacement or repair. unless they are aged from •...
• The installation of • If the appliance is to be: a residual current − left unattended device (safety switch) − cleaned is recommended to − moved provide additional safety − assembled; or protection when using − store electrical appliances. It is advisable that a safety always switch Off the switch with a rated residual...
• Do not leave the product WARNING unattended when in use. Do not immerse power • Do not touch hot surfaces. cord, power plug Allow the product to cool or appliance in water down before moving or or any other liquid. cleaning any parts.
Components A. 1.9L removable water tank F. 54mm stainless steel portafilter G. Steam wand grip B. Control panel 1 CUP, 2 CUP and STEAM buttons H. Extra-tall cup clearance for tall mugs With preset shot durations or I. Steam wand programmable durations and volumes With automatic milk texturing C.
ACCESSORIES A. Stainless steel milk jug D. The Razor™ precision trimming tool With MIN and MAX markings E. Dual wall filter baskets (1 cup & 2 cup) B. 54mm tamper F. Cleaning disc C. Steam tip cleaning tool G. Espresso cleaning tablets...
Bambino Plus ™ Assembly Features BEFORE FIRST USE COMPACT FOOTPRINT Cafe quality coffee in a compact machine. Machine Preparation AUTOMATIC HANDS FREE MILK Remove and discard all labels and packaging materials attached to your machine. Ensure you TEXTURING have removed all parts and accessories before Automatically textures milk to the selected discarding the packaging.
Functions FILLING THE WATER TANK FIRST USE Lift the water tank from the machine. Remove the 1. Remove the water tank and fill with potable water tank lid and add potable water to the water water to the indicated MAX line. Replace tank, filling to the MAX marking indicated.
Use the 1 cup filter basket when brewing a single cup and the 2 cup filter baskets when brewing 2 cups or a stronger single cup or mug. You will need to adjust the grind amount and size if switching from a single basket to a double basket, or vice versa.
• If the espresso starts to drip but doesn’t flow after 15 seconds, the grind is too fine. This is an OVER EXTRACTED shot. PRE-PROGRAMED SHOT VOLUME – 1 CUP Press the 1 CUP button once, the button will flash indicating that it has been selected.
PROGRAMMING SHOT VOLUME NOTE Press and hold the 1 CUP and 2 CUP buttons Prior to texturing milk, it is recommended to for 2 seconds, the buttons will illuminate momentarily purge the steam wand. To do this and flash. press the STEAM button to start purging and press it again to stop.
• Lift the jug to lower the tip beneath the surface CAUTION: BURN HAZARD but keep the vortex spinning. The milk is at the correct temperature (60-65°C) when the jug is Pressurised steam can still be released, even hot to touch. after the machine has been switched off.
EXTRACTION TIPS A great espresso is about achieving the perfect balance between sweetness, acidity, and bitterness. The flavour of your coffee will depend on many factors, such as the type of coffee beans, degree of roast freshness, coarseness or fineness of the grind, dose of ground coffee and tamping pressure. Experiment by adjusting these factors just one at a time to achieve the taste of your preference.
Care & Cleaning CLEANING CYCLE The machine will detect when 200 extractions have been carried out since the last cleaning cycle; this will be shown by the 1 CUP and 2 CUP buttons alternately flashing. This indicates that the group head needs cleaning. This is a 6.
TO DESCALE 8. Once the descale solution has been used up, the descale mode will pause. Refill the water 1. Empty the drip tray and re-insert into tank to the MAX line and empty the waste position on the machine. water container, then replace both parts on 2.
CLEANING THE OUTER HOUSING • Wipe the outer housing with a soft, damp cloth and then polish with a soft, dry cloth. NOTE Do not use any abrasive cleaners, pads or cloths which can scratch the surfaces of the machine. •...
Troubleshooting PROBLEM POSSIBLE CAUSES EASY SOLUTION Water does not flow Water tank is empty. Fill tank. from the group head. Water tank is not fully inserted and Push water tank down completely to No hot water. locked into position. lock into place. Perform descale cycle.
PROBLEM POSSIBLE CAUSES EASY SOLUTION Espresso runs out Coffee is ground too coarsely. Use slightly finer grind. too quickly. Refer to 'Coffee Dose and Tamping' on page 10 and 'Extraction Tips' on page 14. Not enough coffee in the filter Increase dose of coffee.
5 seconds to switch overheating. the machine off and unplug from the power outlet. Allow to cool for about 30–60 minutes. If problem persists, call Breville Support. Too much/too little Grind amount and/or grind size Adjust the grind amount and/or grind...
Web: www.breville.com.au www.breville.co.nz Breville is a registered trademark of Breville Pty. Ltd. A.B.N. 98 000 092 928. Copyright Breville Pty. Ltd. 2018. Due to continued product improvement, the products illustrated/photographed in this brochure may vary slightly from the actual product.