IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Read the following safety instructions
carefully before using the grill, to obtain
the best results and avoid making any
- This appliance is designed to cook food and
should not be used for any other purposes, or
modified or tampered with in any way.
- The appliance is designed and produced for
domestic use only. It is not suitable for use in:
staff kitchens in shops, offices and other
workplaces, farm houses, hotels, motels or
other holiday accommodation, guest houses.
- The appliance is not intended for use by per-
sons (including children) with reduced physi-
cal, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of
experience and knowledge, unless they have
been given supervision or instruction concer-
ning use of the appliance by a person respon-
sible for their safety. Children should be
supervised to ensure that they do not play
with the appliance.
This appliance can be used
by children aged 8 upwards
and by persons with reduced
physical, sensory or mental
capabilities or who lack of
experience and knowledge if
they are supervised or have
been given instructions con-
cerning use of the appliance
in a safe way and understand
the hazards involved. Chil-
dren must not play with the
appliance. Cleaning and user
maintenance must not be
carried out by children unless
they are older than 8 and
appliance and its cord out of
the reach of children under 8
years of age.
- Make sure that the supply cord does not
come into contact with any part of the grill that
generates heat when the appliance is being
used. If the supply cord is damaged, it must
be replaced by the manufacturer, its service
agent in order to avoid a hazard.
- The temperature of accessible sur-
faces may be high when the
appliance is operating.
- Never insert anything into the ventilation ope-
nings. Make sure they are unobstructed.
- Wash the two non-stick grill plates thoroughly
before using the grill.
- Grill plates must be perfectly dry before being
fitted onto the appliance.
- Keep out of the reach of children and never
leave the appliance unattended when swit-
- Always disconnect the appliance from the
• before storing away the appliance or remo-
ving the grill plates
• before cleaning or maintenance
• after use.
- Always use approved extension cords.
- Do not use outdoors. Do not change the sup-
ply cord without expert assistance as special
equipment is required. If the supply cord is
damaged, it must be replaced by the manu-
facturer, or its service agent in order to avoid
- Do not unplug the appliance by pulling the
- Only switch the appliance on with the grill pla-
- WARINING: charcoal or similar combustible
fuels must not be used with this appliance.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water.
- Allow the appliance to cool down completely
before storing it away.
- Do not use sharp tools on the grill plates as
these may damage the non-stick coating.
- This appliance conforms to EEC Directive EN
55014 regarding the suppression of radio
- Appliance is not intended to be operated by
means of an external timer or separate remo-
- Materials and accessories coming into con-
tact with food conform to EC regulation
INSTALLING THE GRILL
- Before using the grill, make sure that it has
not been damaged in any way during tran-
- Place the appliance on a flat surface well out
of the reach of children, as high temperatures
are generated during use.
- Before plugging the appliance into the mains ,
the supply voltage corresponds to that
indicated on the rating plate fitted on the
the power on the mains socket is mini-
the mains socket is suitable for the type of