Know your Kenwood Snack Maker
1. Handle latch
6. Non-stick toasting plates
4. Indicator lights
DO NOT IMMERSE THIS APPLIANCE IN WATER
Connecting to Power
Before switching on make sure that the voltage of your electricity
supply is the same as that indicated on the rating plate.
IMPORTANT (UK ONLY): The wires in the mains lead are coloured
in accordance with the following code:
GREEN and YELLOW EARTH
This appliance complies with European Economic Community Radio
Interference Directive 89/336/EEC.
When using electrical appliances basic safety precautions should
always be followed, including the following:-
1. Read all instructions.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces, and beware of steam which may escape
from the appliance during operation.
3. To protect against electric shock do not immerse cord, plug or
appliance in water or other liquids.
4. Do not use metal objects, knives, forks or similar implements as
they may damage the plates.
5. This appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirm
persons without supervision.
6. Do not leave your snack maker on unattended.
7. Do not use any unauthorised attachments with your snack maker,
they may be hazardous.
8. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning.
9. Do not cover your snack maker whilst it is hot or in use.
10. If the supply cord of this appliance is damaged, it must for safety
reasons be replaced by Kenwood or an authorised Kenwood
11. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the
appliance manufacturer may cause injury.
12. Do not use outdoors.
13. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or worktop or touch hot
14. Only use this appliance for its intended domestic use.
15. Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not
play with this appliance.
Before using your Snack Maker
Before using your snack maker for the very first time, clean the
appliance and plates as described in the 'Cleaning' section.
Brush a little cooking oil on the plates, heat the appliance with the lid
open for 5 minutes. Unplug and allow to cool, then remove any surplus
oil with absorbent paper. The snack maker is now ready for use.
When using your snack maker for the first time you may notice a fine
smoke haze being emitted. This is normal and is due to the initial
heating of the internal components.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS