plug fitted on the appliance; if not it should
the mains socket is earthed. The manu-
facturer does not accept any liability for
damage caused as a result of non-com-
pliance with this requirement.
- Before using the grill for the first time, switch it
on and leave it to heat up in the
barbecue/party grill position (see pg.3, pos.3)
without any food, for at least 5 minutes; open
the window in order to eliminate any unplea-
sant smell that tends to be given off when an
appliance is new.
The appliance can be operated in three different
ideal for all kinds of meat, vegetables,
polenta, toasted sandwiches (pos. 1
ideal for fish and pizza (pos. 2, pag.3). To
set this position, lift up the top of the
appliance and turn it towards you.
Barbecue - Party Grilling:
This position can be used to grill all types of
food except pizzas (pos. 3, pag.3). Open the
grill out flat.
USING THE APPLIANCE
- Connect the appliance to the mains supply
and turn the temperature control knob (E) to
the desired setting; the pilot light (G) will
come on. Allow the appliance to heat up with
the grill plates closed.
- The pilot light switches off when the set tem-
perature has been reached.
- Place the food on the grill plate.
- Set the appliance in the desired position, 1, 2
- Place a heatproof container under the draina-
ge vent to catch surplus fat.
- To switch off the appliance, turn the tempera-
ture control knob counterclockwise until it
- After grilling, unplug the appliance and allow
Do not use sharp tools on the grill plates as
these may damage the non-stick coating.
- Thawed and marinaded meat should be dried
thoroughly before being placed on the grill.
- Meat should be seasoned before grilling but
salt should be added at time of serving.
- Food which is to be contact-grilled should be
uniformly thick to ensure even browning.
- Always oil the lower plate (I) before grilling
- A number of recipes suitable for the grill have
Please note that the cooking times given
are only approximate.
They may vary, depending on the charac-
teristics of the food being cooked (tempe-
rature prior to cooking, water content) and
- Always unplug the appliance and allow it
to cool before cleaning.
- Clean the appliance after each use to prevent
unpleasant smells or fumes from being emit-
ted when it is next used.
- Remove the 2 grill plates, pulling the release
catches (F) and wash either by hand in hot
water or in a dishwasher.
- Leave the plates to soak in warm water to
remove any residue left during cooking.
- Do not use abrasive tools or cleaning agents
as these may scratch or damage the non-
- Refit the clean plates on the appliance
making sure that they are perfectly dry.
SERVICE AND CUSTOMER CARE
- If the cord is damaged it must, for safety rea-
sons, bereplaced by KENWOOD or an autho-
rised KENWOOD repairer.
If you need help with:
- using your KENWOOD machine or
- servicing or repairs
- Contact the shop where you bought your
- Designed and engineered by Kenwood in the
- Made in China.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CORRECTDI-
SPOSAL OF THE PRODUCT IN ACCORDAN-
CEWITH EC DIRECTIVE 2002/96/EC.
At the end of its working life, the product
must not bedisposed of as urban waste.It
must be taken to a special local authority dif-
ferentiatedwaste collection centre or to a
dealer providing this service.Disposing of a
household appliance separately avoidspos-
sible negative consequences for the environment
andhealth deriving from inappropriate disposal and
enablesthe constituent materials to be recovered to
obtainsignificant savings in energy and resources. As
a reminderof the need to dispose of household
appliancesseparately, the product is marked with a