SAFETY PRECAUTIONS (Always read these instructions before using this equipment.) Before using this product, please read this manual and the relevant manuals introduced in this manual carefully and pay full attention to safety to handle the product correctly. Precautionary notes in this manual cover only the installations of this product. For precautions on designing and discarding this product, refer to "Safety Precautions"...
[Installation Precautions] CAUTION Use the programmable controller in the operating environment that meets the general specifications given in the user’s manual of the CPU module. Using this programmable controller in an environment outside the range of the general specifications could result in electric shock, fire, erroneous operation, and damage to or deterioration of the product.
[Wiring Precautions] DANGER Completely turn off the externally supplied power used in the system when installing or placing wiring. Failure to do so may cause electric shocks or damage the product. CAUTION Always connect the FG terminals to the ground using class D (class 3) or higher grounding exclusively designed for programmable controller.
This manual confers no industrial property rights or any rights of any other kind, nor does it confer any patent licenses. Mitsubishi Electric Corporation cannot be held responsible for any problems involving industrial property rights which may occur as a result of using the contents noted in this manual.
CONTENTS 1. OVERVIEW ....................1 2. PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS ............2 3. HANDLING ....................3 3.1 Handling Precautions ................4 4. PART NAME....................5 5. WIRING ......................7 5.1 Twisted Bus System (When using twisted pair cable) ......8 5.1.1 Specifications of twisted pair cable ............ 8 5.1.2 Precautions for wiring twisted pair cable ..........
About Manuals The following manuals are also related to this product. Use this table to order necessary manuals to the functions used. Related Manuals Manual No. Manual name (Model code) Q corresponding MELSECNET/H Network System SH-080049 Reference Manual (PLC to PLC network) (13JF92) Compliance with the EMC and Low Voltage Directives (1) For programmable controller system...
1. OVERVIEW This manual explains how to handle the MELSECNET/H network module, model number QJ71NT11B (hereinafter referred to as the network module). The network module is used as a control/normal station in the PLC to PLC network in the MELSECNET/H system.
2. PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS The following table shows the performance specifications for the network module: Specifications Item QJ71NT11B MELSECNET/H mode, MELSECNET/H Extended mode*1 Maximum number of link LX/LY 8192 points points per network 16384 points 16384 points • MELSECNET/H mode Maximum ≤...
3. HANDLING CAUTION Use the programmable controller in the operating environment that meets the general specifications given in the user’s manual of the CPU module. Using this programmable controller in an environment outside the range of the general specifications could result in electric shock, fire, erroneous operation, and damage to or deterioration of the product.
3.1 Handling Precautions (1) Since the module case is made of resin, do not drop it or subject it to strong impact. (2) Do not remove the printed-circuit board of the module from the case. Doing so will cause failure. (3) Be sure there are no foreign substances such as sawdust or wiring debris inside the module.
4. PART NAME (1) Indicator LED <QJ71NT11B> Indication : Module operating normally : Watchdog timer error (hardware error) T. PASS On : Executing baton pass Flash : Testing : Baton pass not yet executed (host is disconnecting) : Sending data : Not sending data ERR.
(3) Spring clamp terminal block Used to connect a twisted pair cable or Version 1.10 compatible CC-Link dedicated cable. (Refer to Section 5.1.2 (2)(b))
5. WIRING DANGER Completely turn off the externally supplied power used in the system when installing or placing wiring. Failure to do so may cause electric shocks or damage the product. CAUTION Always connect the FG terminals to the ground using class D (class 3) or higher grounding exclusively designed for programmable controller.
5.1 Twisted Bus System (When using twisted pair cable) 5.1.1 Specifications of twisted pair cable The following shows the specifications of a shielded twisted pair cable used in the twisted bus system. Twisted pair cables that satisfy the following specifications can also be used even not introduced.
5.1.2 Precautions for wiring twisted pair cable (1) Wiring precautions (a) Wiring shielded twisted pair cable When wiring a shielded twisted pair cable, ensure to prevent the noise and surge induction, referring to the following. 1) Do not install a shielded twisted pair cable together with the main circuit, high-voltage cable, or load line and also do not bring them close to each other.
The following table shows the specifications of the Version 1.10 compatible CC-Link dedicated cable used for the twisted bus system. The following Version 1.10 compatible CC-Link dedicated cable can be used. Product name Model Manufacturer Mitsubishi Electric System & Service Co., FANC-110SBH Version 1.10 compatible Ltd. CC-Link dedicated cable FA-CBL200PSBH...
5.2.2 Precautions for wiring Version 1.10 compatible CC-Link dedicated cable (1) Precautions for wiring (a) Usage of CC-Link cables The Version 1.10 compatible CC-Link cable cannot be used together with other CC-Link cables (CC-Link dedicated cable and CC-Link dedicated high-performance cable) When used together, normal data communication cannot be expected.
5.3 Connecting Twisted Pair Cable, and Bar Terminal for the Version 1.10 Compatible CC-Link Dedicated Cable This section explains connecting method of bar terminal and cable. (1) Applicable solderless terminals (bar terminals) and crimping tools Product name Model Manufacturer Remarks Bar-type solderless FA-VTC125T9...
In the example, a crimping tool "FA-VTC125T9" manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation is used. 1) Strip the cable jacket by 5.5mm to 6.5mm. 2) Place the terminal in the correct place (in the end) of the locater.