THREADING (Cover stitch model)
Before threading, turn off the machine for safety.
Threading the looper
Run the thread in the sequence illustrated,
following the blue line and the numbers next to
each threading point.
1. Open the front cover by sliding it to the right and
guiding the top toward you.
2. Pull the thread off the spool and directly up
through thread holder 1 and thread holder 2
on the thread tree, from back to front.
3. Pass the looper thread 3 as shown in the
4. Pass the thread through the tension disc 4 in
the channel next to the tension dial marked with
a blue .
5. Guide the thread down the channel and through
threading points 5-9, following the numerical
order in the illustration.
6. After running the thread to 9, push the looper
release lever 0 to move the looper to the right A,
and then run the thread through B-C.
7. Pull about 10 cm (4 inch) of thread through the
eye of the looper.
8. While pushing the looper D, return the looper
to its original position.
9. Close the front cover.
When using thick thread, such as decorative
thread, as the looper thread, run the thread as
shown in the illustration.
Do not run the thread through A .