Needle position on zigzag to the needle plate
• When the needle position selector is set at M and the stitch width knob is set at 5, the needle should
move within a range of 4.6 to 5.0mm across the needle plate. When the needle is lowered, it should
not be too close to either the left or right edge of the needle plate hole.
• Set the needle position selector to M and the stitch width knob to 5.
• Turn the balance wheel to lower the needle until it is just above the needle plate.
• Loosen the locknut for the adjusting screw on the zigzag link.
• Using a screwdriver, turn the screw and adjust the needle movement range with respect to the needle
• Tighten the locknut.
- 6 -