Under no circumstances should you try to repair the system yourself, as this will invalidate the
warranty. Do not open the system as there is a risk of electric shock.
If a fault occurs, first check the points listed below before taking the system for repair. If you are
unable to remedy a problem by following these hints, consult your dealer or service center.
Completely distorted picture or
black/white picture with DVD
or Video CD
No sound or distorted sound
No audio at digital output
Disc can't be played
No return to start-up screen when
disc is removed
The player does not respond to
the remote control
Buttons do not work
Player does not respond to some
operating commands during playback.
DVD Video player cannot read
DVD 724K/781 English
– Check if the AC power cord is properly connected.
– Check if the TV is switched on.
– Check the video connection.
– The disc is badly scratched or dir ty.
– Sometimes a small amount of picture distortion
may appear .This is not a malfunction.
– Make sure the NTSC/PAL setting at the DVD
player matches the video signal of your television.
(See NTSC/PAL Conversion)
– Adjust the volume.
– Check that the speakers are connected correctly.
– Check the digital connections.
– Check the settings menu to make sure the digital
output is set to ALL or PCM.
– Check if the audio format of the selected audio
language matches your receiver capabilities.
– Ensure the disc label is facing up.
– Check if the disc is defective by trying another disc.
– Reset the unit by switching the player off, then on
– Aim the remote control directly at the sensor on
the front of the player.
– Reduce the distance to the player.
– Replace the batteries in the remote control.
– Insert the batteries with their polarities (+/– signs)
– In order to completely reset the player, unplug the
AC cord from the AC outlet.
– Operations may not be permitted by the disc.
Refer to the instructions of the disc.
– Use a commonly available cleaning CD/DVD to
clean the lens before sending the DVD Video player
2002.4.30, 12:06 PM