Clients Cannot Connect to the Access Point
Here are some possible causes if clients are not able to connect to the access
Frequent configuration mismatches involve the following items:
The 802.11b and 11g AP Cards Network Name is case-sensitive. Each
wireless AP Card in the HP 520wl should have a unique Network Name.
This Network Name must match the active Network Name on client
machines. The client software allows you to store Network Names in
configuration profiles, then you can select a profile to fit your location.
Network Names should be allocated and maintained by the Network
If you have set a WEP encryption key in the 520wl configuration, the
client wireless PC card must be configured to use the same key.
Client PC Card Does Not Work
1. Ensure you are using the latest PC Card driver software.
2. Download and install the latest client software.
3. Refer to the documentation that came with your client cards for addi-
tional troubleshooting suggestions.
Intermittent Loss of Connection
1. Ensure the client is within range of the HP 520wl. For more information
regarding range see the Range/Transmit Rate chart on
2. The signal strength can be checked by using the signal strength gauge
from the client software.