SETTING THE PROGRAM AE (PROGRAM AE)
- Auto balance between the subject and the background.
- To be used in normal conditions.
- The shutter speed is automatically adjusted from 1/60 to 1/250 per second,
depending on the scene.
- Reduces blurring when recording rapidly moving subjects such as in golf or tennis
games. If the Sports mode is used under a ﬂ uorescent light, the image may ﬂ icker.
In this case, use the Auto mode for recording.
- Creates a shallow depth of ﬁ eld so that the person or subject appears against a
- The portrait mode is most effective when used outdoors.
- The shutter speed is automatically adjusted from 1/60 to 1/1000 per second.
- Prevents overexposure of subject's face, etc. when strong light strikes the subject,
as in a wedding or on stage.
- Prevents underexposure of subject's face, etc. in a place where reﬂ ection of light is
intense, such as at the beach in midsummer or on a ski slope.
For recording fast-moving subjects such as players in golf or tennis games.
The Program AE function will not operate in EASY.Q mode.
The Program AE cannot be set when the Shutter Speed or the Exposure is set to manual.