Maintaining and repairing the device
5.3 Reinstalling the software
Installing drivers and software
You need the "Documentation and Drivers" DVD included in the scope of delivery to install
Setting the MUI operating system to English (US)
In the case of multilingual operating systems (MUI versions), you must set the menus and
dialogs and the default language to English (US) in the country settings before new drivers
and operating system updates are installed.
1. If your device has no DVD drive, connect an external USB DVD drive to a USB port.
2. Insert the supplied "Documentation and Drivers" DVD.
3. Start the "Start" program.
4. Select "Drivers" from the index.
5. Select the device and operating system.
6. Select the required driver.
7. Open the folder with the driver data. Click on the link next to "driver path".
8. Start the setup program in this folder.
The driver for the chipset has to be installed before all other drivers with a new installation
of Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7. Then you can install the drivers of all other
Installing the software
● You can find information about installing SIMATIC software packages in the
● You can obtain information about driver updates and installing application programs from
the respective manufacturers.
SIMATIC IPC647D/847D Hardware RAID Configuration
Compact Operating Instructions, 08/2014, A5E34655907-AA