c CAUTION! DANGER OF ELECTRIC SHOCK! If the device
falls into the water, the first thing you must do is pull the mains adapt-
er out of the mains socket before you put your hands into the water.
c CAUTION! DANGER OF ELECTRIC SHOCK! Never touch
the mains adapter with wet hands particularly when you insert or
pull out the adapter from the mains socket.
Handle the mains adapter only by its body when you insert it into
the mains socket.
Incorporation of a residual current device (RCD) with a rated trip
current of not more than 30 mA will provide you with additional
protection against electric shock. Have this RCD incorporated by
Use only the supplied original mains adapter for mains operation.
Regularly check the adapter and the hair and beard clippers for
any possible mechanical defects.
Replace defective parts with original replacement parts obtained from
a specialist dealer but never attempt to repair the device yourself!
Have all repairs carried out by a specialist dealer or through our
Service Centre (see Service Hotline on the warranty sheet).
Ensure that the lead does not become trapped in cup-
board doors or pass over hot surfaces. Otherwise you
risk damaging the insulation on the lead.
To avoid fire:
Disconnect the mains adapter after use or before cleaning.
Operate the device only in compliance with the rating plate.
Never leave the device to operate unattended.
Pull the mains adapter out of the mains socket
- if a fault occurs,
- before you clean the device,