6gb33038.fm Page 19 Thursday, September 23, 2004 5:36 PM
HOW TO DEFROST AND CLEAN THE
Before carrying out any maintenance or cleaning
operations, unplug the appliance from the mains
socket. Defrost the freezer compartment when the ice
on the walls reaches a thickness of 3 mm.
• Remove foodstuffs from the
set the thermostat to
• The frozen food must be wrapped in sheets of newspaper
(or a cover) and kept in a cool place.
• Clean the freezer compartment using a sponge dampened
in a solution of lukewarm water and/or neutral detergent.
• Rinse and dry carefully.
• Defrosting of the refrigerator compartment is fully
Clean the defrost water drain outlet regularly to ensure
defrost water is removed correctly.
After cleaning, reconnect the appliance to the power
Do not use abrasive products.
• Empty the compartments.
• Disconnect the appliance from the mains power supply.
• Defrost and clean.
• Leave the doors open to prevent formation of unpleasant
Downloaded from Fridge-Manual.com Manuals