CHAPTER -2: SAFETY INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
experience and knowledge if they are supervised or have been given instruction
concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards
involved. Children should not play with the appliance.Cleaning and user
maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
• Do not put unsuitable and heavy items above the basket capacity into your
machine. SHARP will not be responsible for any damage on the inner parts.
• The door should not be opened whilst the machine is operating. A safety
device will ensure that the machine stops if opened.
• To avoid accidents, do not leave the door open.
• Place knives and other sharp-ended objects in the cutlery basket in bladedown
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by SHARP, or its service
• If EnergySave option is selected as "Yes", the door will be opened at the end
of the program. Do not force the door closed to avoid harming the auto door
mechanism for 1 minute. The door must be open for 30 minutes to dry effectively(
in models with auto door opening system ).
Warning: Do not stand in front of the door after the auto-open signal sounds.
For your children's safety
• After removing the machine's packaging, make sure that the packaging
material is out of reach of children.
• Do not allow children to play with or start the machine.
• Keep children away from detergents and rinse aid.
• Keep children away from the machine while it is open because there may still
be residues of cleaning substances inside the machine.
• Be sure that your old machine does not pose any threat to your children.
Children are known to have become locked in old machines. To prevent such
a situation, break your machine's door lock and tear off the electrical cables.
In case of malfunction
• Any repair performed by anyone other than authorized service personnel
will invalidate your warranty.
• Prior to any repair work on the machine, be sure that the machine is isolated
from the mains. Switch off the fuse or unplug the machine.Do not pull by the
cable when unplugging. Make sure to turn off the water tap.
• For energy and water saving, remove coarse residues on your dishes before
placing the dishes into the machine. Start your machine after having fully
• Use the pre-wash programme only when necessary.
• Place hollow items such as bowls, glasses and pots into the machine in such
a way that they will face down.
• You are not recommended to overload your machine or load it in a way other
than that which is indicated.