1.) Switch box
2.) Bail Handle (EM1700), Switch lever (EM1500)
3.) Handle knobs
4.) Cable management system
5.) Cable holders
6.) Height adjustment lever (not shown)
8.) Grass collection box
9.) Compact lever
10.) Carrying handles
11 .) Clear rear flap
Before assembly, make sure that the appliance is
switched off and unplugged.
BOX (FIG. C)
the collection box assembly is subject
to deterioration and wear and should,
therefore, be frequently checked for
replacement. Any replacement
assembly should be checked for
compliance with Black and Decker
The grass box (8) requires assembly
before use and comes in 5 pieces.
• Clip the handle (8a) into the lid (8b)
of the grass box. The handle will only
fit one way.
• Clip the 2 sides (8c) of the grass
collection box together. Make sure
that all clips and guides are aligned.
• Align the assembled sides onto the
bottom (8d) of the grass collection box.
Ensure that the 4 guides are aligned.
• Push the 2 parts together. Apply
even force around all edges of the
grass collection box securing the
clips into position uniformly. Check
that each clip is fastened together securely.
• Align the lid (8b) onto the assembled grass collection box. Ensure that
the 10 guides are aligned.
NOTE: Take extra care when aligning the 2 clips at the rear of the grass
• Push down on the lid to secure all clips. Begin at the back and ensure
that all clips are securely located.
• Insert the ends of the lower handle into the corresponding holes in the mower.
• Press the handle down as far as it will go.
• Secure the handle using the screws.
• Fit the upper handle part to the lower handle using the handle storage
knobs (3), washers and screws as shown.
The motor cable has to be fixed using the cable restraints.
• To clip the cable to the handle, snap a restraint clip (10) around the cable
and upper handle about 6 inches (152.4mm) below the switch box (1).
• Snap the second restraint clip around the cable and lower handle
about 6 inches (152.4mm) below the handle knob (3).
BOX (FIG. G)
• Lift the clear grass flap (11) and place the grass collection box (8) over
READ THIS INSTRUCTION
MANUAL AND SAFETY RULES BEFORE
OPERATING YOUR MOWER. See "Functional
iarize yourself with the location of various controls and adjustments.
Save this manual for future reference.
ROTATING BLADES CAN CAUSE SERIOUS
INJURY. TO PREVENT SERIOUS INJURY, UNPLUG MOWER WHEN
R STORING MOWER.
Sharp moving blade. Do not operate the mower if
the rear door is not closed under spring tension as serious injury could
sult. Take your mower to the nearest service center for repair.
Sharp moving blade. Never operate the mower
unless the hanger hooks on the grass catcher are seated properly on
the mower and the rear discharge door rests firmly against the top of the
ass catcher as serious injury could result.
Do not operate mower without collection box (8) attached.
Let the appliance work at its own pace. Do not overload.
OF CUT (FIG. H)
The height of cut is adjusted by the central height adjust mechanism,
there are 6 positions to choose from.
To set the height of cut
• Pull the height adjustment lever (6) away from the body of the unit.
• Move the lever towards the rear of the appliance to lower the height of cut.
• Move the lever towards the front of the appliance to raise the height of cut.
• Push the height adjustment lever into one of the 6 height locations.
NOTE: The height of cut can be viewed on the height of cut gauge (12)
on the side of the unit.