————— S-11-P ————— ————— HTP-071 is a Home Cinema Package and consists of VSX-321-K-P, S-22W-P and S-11-P. PIONEER CORPORATION 1-1, Shin-ogura, Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 212-0031, Japan PIONEER ELECTRONICS (USA) INC. P.O. Box 1760, Long Beach, CA 90801-1760, U.S.A. PIONEER EUROPE NV Haven 1087, Keetberglaan 1, 9120 Melsele, Belgium PIONEER ELECTRONICS ASIACENTRE PTE.
PIONEER Service Manual. A subscription to, or additional copies of, Also test with plug reversed Earth PIONEER Service Manual may be obtained at a nominal (Using AC adapter ground charge from PIONEER. plug as required)
1. SERVICE PRECAUTIONS 1.1 NOTES ON SOLDERING • For environmental protection, lead-free solder is used on the printed circuit boards mounted in this unit. Be sure to use lead-free solder and a soldering iron that can meet specifications for use with lead-free solders for repairs accompanied by reworking of soldering.
2. SPECIFICATIONS [VSX-321-K-P] Miscellaneous Power Requirements ..AC 220 V to 230 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz (SYXE8) Audio section AC 120 V, 60 Hz (CXE) (SYXE8) AC 220 V to 240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz (DLPWXE) Rated power output Front, Center, Surround..100 W per channel (1 kHz, 6 Ω, 0.7 %) AC 220V, 50 Hz/60 Hz (AXE5) Power Consumption ......
Accessories Speaker cord (4 m) x 4 (8952S11005480-IL) Speaker cord (10 m) x 2 (8952S11005490-IL) Non-skid pads x 20 (8952S11005510-IL) Brackets for wall mounting x 4 Remote control (AXD7618) (8952S11005500-IL) (8300761800010-IL) Screw (M5) x 4 (8952S11005520-IL) Operating instructions (CD-ROM) (SYXE8 only) Dry cell batteries (6517000000440-IL) (AAA size IEC R03) x2...
3.3 PCB LOCATIONS VSX-321-K-P DG ASSY D-MAIN ASSY CNT ASSY STBY ASSY MAIN ASSY G-T ASSY INPUT ASSY BR1 ASSY AMP ASSY G-L ASSY G-H ASSY HP ASSY FUNC ASSY FRONT ASSY NOTES: Parts marked by “NSP” are generally unavailable because they are not in our Master Spare Parts List.
When ordering service parts, be sure to refer to "EXPLODED VIEWS and PARTS LIST" or "PCB PARTS LIST". The > mark found on some component parts indicates the importance of the safety factor of the part. Therefore, when replacing, be sure to use parts of identical designation. : The power supply is shown with the marked box.
5. DIAGNOSIS 5.1 TROUBLESHOOTING  DSP TROUBLESHOOTING TROUBLESHOOTING FOR ALL DESTINATION Step 0: Preliminary confirmation Step 3: Regulator IC confirm the following items before checking IC609 (pin3) (to chassis) do screws of COAX jack securely tighten? Check the IC1 (pin 3) of Is the voltage of arround Tighten screws securely.
Step 5: DIR Check that the S/PDIF signal is output. Check that changes by pulling out and inserting the digital input lines. 3: OPTICAL IC600 (pins 3,11) 11: COXIAL Check the path to OUTPUT Can observe the digital signal? pin of JACK601, JACK602. (0 V ↔...
Step 7: CODEC output (ANALOG) Step 6: DSP output (digital) to CODEC input Digital output of each CH when inputting the digital signal with audio. Analog output of each CH when inputting the digital signal with audio. IC601 (pin 7) IC603 (pin 1) DSP_BCK (BIT CLOCK) front R out...
 HDMI TROUBLESHOOTING HDMI Troubleshooting Cause for noncomplection of HDMI authentication between the source equipment and this unit. (the HDMI indicator is unlit or flasher) HDMI Simple Diagnosis Causes for no display or sound from the monitor Replace the HDMI cable. Replace the HDMI cable.
Step 2: Power supply CN601 (pin 14) CEC_ON Diagonose the MAIN Assy. Is the voltage 0 to 3.3 V? IC207 (pin 4) sub MICOM 3.3V Check the pin 5 of IC207. Is the voltage 3.3 V? CP104 (pins 1, 2) HDMI_10V Diagonose the MAIN Assy.
Step 3: Diagnosis Step 5: INPUT/OUTPUT Diagnosis Each data lines confirmation checks it after standby off/on. * when connected the equipment to CN601 (pin 10) JACK201 (pin 18) IN1 (CD/SAT): +5V_R317 (Not Insert) SUB_RESET Check the JACK201. If JACK201 Diagonose the MAIN Assy. Is the voltage 0 to 3.3 V? Is the voltage 5 V? is failure, replace JACK201.
Step 7: TMDS Step 6: SDA /SCL IC1002 (pins 30,31,33,34,36,37,39,40) TMDS OUTPUT IC201 (pin 7) SDA (HDMI_OUT) Check the IC1001 or IC1002. Are there signals If IC1001 or IC1002 is failure, (approx. 0.5 Vp-p) Check the JACK204 and IC201. replace IC1001 or IC1002. Does a signal output IN all lines? If JACK204 or IC201 is failure,...
• Pin Function HDMI Input Ports Name In/Out Description RXC0- Differential Clock Input Pair for HDMI Input Port 0 RXC0+ Differential Clock Input Pair for HDMI Input Port 0 RX00- Differential Data Input Pair0 for HDMI Input Port 0 RX00+ Differential Data Input Pair0 for HDMI Input Port 0 RX10- Differential Data Input Pair1 for HDMI Input Port 0...
• Pin Function Audio Outputs Name In/Out Description MCLK System Clock output for audio DAC (128/256/384/512 * FSampling_Clock. Connecting a pull-up (logic 1) or pull-down (logic 0) resistor at this pin defines bit 4 of the slave IIC Address IIS_SCK IIS SCK output for IIS audio port.
• Pin Function Name In/Out Buffer Type Description OP_MODE IXDXXP Chip operation mode. 0: Normal mode 1: ICP (In Circuit Flash Programming) mode RSTb BDUX8P External Reset (active low) with on-chip pull-up. When this pin is asserted low, the chip is totally reset. X_IN XTL24P 24 MHz crystal input...
8952VS3210030-IL (EPF011C) (D-MAIN ASSY: IC203) Generic MCU with 64K Embedded Flash • Pin Arrangement (Top View) P7(RXD) P1 P7(TXD) P8(PWM) P4 P2 P3 P3 P3 X_OUT P3 X_IN RSTb OP_MODE P9 P0 P7(CIR) P0 P5 P0 • Block Diagram Port 0 256B Direct Port 1 Data RAM...
• Pin Function Name In/Out Buffer Type Description OP_MODE IXDXXP Chip operation mode. 0: Normal mode 1: ICP (In Circuit Flash Programming) mode NOTE: The input crystal rate will be 24 MHz if this ICP mode is used. RSTb BDUX8P External Reset (active low) with on-chip pull-up.
• Pin Function Name In/Out Description ZR1/ZR1/FMT0 Zero-flag output 1 for SPI, zero-flag output 1 for I2C, format control input 0 for H/W(1) Select input for SPI, address input for I2C, format control input 1 for H/W (1) (2) MS/ADR/FMT1 MC/SCL/DEMP Shift clock input for SPI, serial clock input for I2C, de-emphasis control for H/W (1) (2) MD/SDA/MUTE...
6. SERVICE MODE 6.1 SERVICE MODE  Display mode for numbers of protection detections [Purpose] The numbers of detections for various protection processes are displayed. [How to enter/exit] During Standby mode, simultaneously press and hold the [PRESET –] and [STANDBY/ON] keys for 2 seconds to enter this mode.
 Reset mode for numbers of protection detections [Purpose] For clearing all the counts of protection detections. (This mode resets the counts of protection detections.) [How to enter/exit] During Standby mode, simultaneously press and hold the [ALC/STANDARD SURR] and [STANDBY/ON] keys for 10 seconds to enter this mode.
TEMP (AMP overheat) error detection For detection of a TEMP error, the unit monitor THER_DET (PROTECT2) signal. If a TEMP error is detected, the processes shown below will be performed. The processes shown below are rough operational specifications and are not the actual commands from the mounted components.
7. DISASSEMBLY 7.1 VSX-321-K-P Note: (1) Even if the unit shown in the photos and illustrations in this manual may differ from your product, the procedures described here are common. (2) For performing the diagnosis shown below, the following jigs for service is required: •...
2. Notes on Disassembly and Reassembly Confirmation of Connection After completion of reassembly, before plugging the power cord into an outlet, make sure that the 4P wires from CN5 of the MAIN Assy are connected to CP104 of the D-MAIN Assy. If the unit is turned ON without these wires connected, the CODEC IC (IC602) on the D-MAIN Assy may be damaged.
3. Disassembly  Front Panel Section Remove the cabinet by removing the 10 screws. (1) Remove the five screws. (BBZ30P080FTB) • Bottom view (2) Remove the two screws. (1500001206010-IL) (3) Unhook the two hooks. (4) Arrange the front panel section as shown in the photo below.
 Heatsink Section Caution: Heatsink section in work becomes hot, and be careful with it. Remove the cabinet by removing the 10 screws. (1) Remove the three screws. (BBZ30P080FTC) • Bottom view (2) Remove the seven screws. G-L Assy (BBZ30P080FTC) G-H Assy (3) Release the five binders.
(6) Disconnect the one connector. MAIN Assy (CP404) CP404 AMP Assy (7) Connect the extension jig cable. Extension jig cable (AMP CN203 ↔ MAIN CP404) (GGD1773) AMP Assy (8) Rotate the heatsink section in the direction of the arrow. Heatsink  D-MAIN Assy Remove the cabinet by removing the 10 screws.
(3) Cut the binder. BR1 Assy (4) Disconnect the two B to B connectors. (CN600, CN601) (5) Remove the D-MAIN and DG Assemblies. CN209 CN600 CNT Assy D-MAIN Assy DG Assy CN1000 CN601 (6) Disconnect the one B to B connector and remove the CNT Assy.
 MAIN Assy Remove the cabinet by removing the 10 screws. [4-1] Chassis back Chassis back (1) Remove the nine screws. • Rear view (BBT30P100FTB) (2) Remove the two screws. (SYXE8, DLPWXE only)(CBZ30P080FTB) (3) Remove the chassis back. [4-2] MAIN Assy (1) Remove the three screws.
[4-3] Regulator ICs and Recifier diode (1) Remove the support. MAIN Assy (2) Tighten then loosen the screw in each of the Screwdriver four holes for temporary joining that are located on the rear side of the main chassis. (This is for shaving the thread grooves to facilitate attachment in the next step.) Main chassis Support...
[4-4] Diagnosis (1) Remove the one screw and remove the earth lead jumper. (BBZ30P080FTC) (2) Reassemble the earth lead jumper. Earth lead jumper Earth lead jumper G-H Assy G-H Assy (3) Insert any insulation sheet between AMP Assy and MAIN Assy. Insulation sheet AMP Assy MAIN Assy...
7.3 S-11-P Removing the FRONT / SURROUND SPEAKER 1. Remove the four screws. 2. Press on the grille bottom with both thumbs and slide it in frontward direction of the speaker while pressing with sufficient force. (Fig.1) 3. Press on the grille bottom with both thumbs and slide it in frontward direction of the speaker while pressing with sufficient force.
8. EACH SETTING AND ADJUSTMENT 8.1 UPDATING OF THE FIRMWARE [Purpose] Refer to this section when updating the firmware of each microcomputer is required by the service information, etc. [Necessary Tools and Connections] 1 MAIN microcomputer • PC with a serial port •...
Connect as shown in the figure below. Insert the FFC with its contact surface facing the " mark. USB cable (HDMI/CEC microcomputer) 10P to 10P FFC UPDATE jig GGF1646 Rear side USB cable A type <-> B type Microcomputers update [Procedures] for MAIN microcomputer [ if the following messages are displayed ]...
5. Set speed update and update the MCU. 1 Set speed of update. 1 Set speed of update. Set Baud rate to 38400. Press the OK button. 2 Update the MCU. E.P.R=>Erase+Program+Read 7. Unplug the AC cord. Disconnect the FFC cable. 2 Update the MCU Press the E.P.R …...
11. Select the update file. Press the "OpenFile" button. End the application EPFlash. If the following messages are displayed, shut the update program down, and start the update again from step 8. Select "VSX-321_LPP_********.hex" file to update MCU. 12. Press the "START" button to update the firmware. 14.
17. Select the update file. Press the "FILE" button. 19. Press the button. 20. Press the button to update the firmware. Select "CECCore_ADDSEL(BB)_V***.hex" file to update MCU. Rate of the progression is appeared. When the update file is selecting, the check box is automatically on.
For the applying amount of lubricants or glue, follow the instructions in this manual. (In the case of no amount instructions, apply as you think it appropriate.) 9.1 PACKING SECTION S-11-P VSX-321-K-P Poly bag Style Poly bag Packing Style Tape (Clear)
(1) PACKING SECTION PARTS LIST Mark No. Description Part No. Mark No. Description Part No. 16 Operating Instructions See Contrast table (2) 1 Power Cord See Contrast table (2) 17 Operating Instructions See Contrast table (2) 2 AM Loop Antenna E601019000010-IL 18 Operating Instructions See Contrast table (2)
9.2 VSX-321-K-P SECTION DLPWXE only Cushion EVA HTP-071...
for CXE, AXE5 for SYXE8, DLPWXE ×23 Silicon adhesive (GYA1011) Heatsink Silicon grease (GEM1057) HTP-071...
See Contrast table (2) 60 Screw 1500001206010-IL 30 Front Panel See Contrast table (2) 61 Screw 1500001456010-IL (2) CONTRAST TABLE VSX-321-K-P/SYXE8, CXE, DLPWXE and AXE5 are constructed the same except for the following: VSX-321-K-P VSX-321-K-P VSX-321-K-P VSX-321-K-P Mark Symbol and Description /SYXE8...
10.11 STBY ASSY STBY ASSY (SYXE8: 7028071122040-IL) (CXE: 7028071122030-IL) (DLPWXE: 7028071122020-IL) (AXE5: 7028071122010-IL) • NOTE FOR FUSE REPLACEMENT CAUTION - FOR CONTINUED PROTECTION AGAINST RISK OF FIRE, REPLACE WITH SAME TYPE AND RATINGS OF FUSE. ZD303 MTZJ7.5B R326 D301 R333 CP302 D302 KDS4148U...
10.12 S-11-P Speaker Wire (8952S11005140-IL) Poly S/W-110 INPUT Speaker White P.SW: P.SW has extreme positive resistance-temperature characteristics. If an abnormal current flows to P.SW due to an excessive input or unusual signal, P.SW heats up and the resistance rapidly increases. With this function, the speakers are protected from excessive input or unusual signal.
SIDE B NOTE FOR PCB DIAGRAMS : 2. View point of PCB diagrams. Connector Capacitor 1. The parts mounted on this PCB include all necessary parts for several destinations. SIDE A For further information for respective desti- nations, be sure to check with the sche- matic diagram.
12. PCB PARTS LIST NOTES: Parts marked by “NSP” are generally unavailable because they are not in our Master Spare Parts List. The > mark found on some component parts indicates the importance of the safety factor of the part. Therefore, when replacing, be sure to use parts of identical designation.
N751503151160-IL CN9302 CN, WAFER 7.92 mm L108353280290-IL L108011430210-IL L108011430210-IL L108011430210-IL 304 BRACKET 4010210196100-IL 4010210196000-IL 4010210196000-IL 4010210196000-IL PARTS LIST for VSX-321-K-P/SYXE8 Mark No. Description Part No. Mark No. Description Part No. C 204 D00033006D051-IL INPUT ASSY C 209,210 D00410107D051-IL SEMICONDUCTORS IC 400...
Mark No. Description Part No. Mark No. Description Part No. CN 9001 CONNECTOR L108353280360-IL CN 9002 CN.WAFER 3.96MM L104353130360-IL D 251 K005041480030-IL CN 9003,9004 CONNECTOR(3P) L102526700300-IL D 266-276 K067020500010-IL CN 9005 CN.WAFER 2.0MM L101200100410-IL CN 9017 CN.WAFER L109012512710-IL MISCELLANEOUS L 141,153 COIL,INDUCTOR D3104R7010200-IL CN 9201 CN,WAFER L109012512910-IL...
Mark No. Description Part No. Mark No. Description Part No. CN 704 CN.FPC 1.25MM L131125022720-IL RESISTORS R 326 C060033065050-IL RESISTORS R 779,780 C0602R2063050-IL CAPACITORS C 301 D040222083010-IL C 304 D00847208H010-IL DG ASSY SEMICONDUCTORS D 416 K005041480030-IL MISCELLANEOUS JA 601 OPTICAL RECEIVER E100116500040-IL JA 602 TER,RCA 1PIN...