Summary of Contents for Mitsubishi Electric Melsec A Series
MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC MELSEC A Series Programmable Logic Controller User's Manual (Hardware) A1SD71-S7 Positioning Module INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC IB(NA)-66489 Version B...
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS (Be sure to read these instructions before using the product.) Before using this product, read this manual and the relevant manuals introduced in this manual carefully and handle the product correctly with full attention to safety. Note that these precautions apply only to this product. Refer to the user's manual of the CPU module for the PLC system safety precautions.
[DESIGN PRECAUTIONS] DANGER Configure a safety circuit so that the safety of the overall system is maintained even when an external power error or PLC error occurs. An accident may occur by a false output or a malfunction. (1) Outside of the PLC, construct mechanical damage preventing interlock circuits such as emergency stop, positioning upper and lower limit switches.
[WIRING PRECAUTIONS] CAUTION Check the terminal layout and then wire the module correctly. Be sure there are no foreign substances such as sawdust or wiring debris inside the module. Such debris could cause fires, failure, or malfunction. [STARTUP AND MAINTENANCE PRECAUTIONS] DANGER Connect the battery correctly.
Manual The following table lists the manuals relevant to this product. You can order them as necessary. Relevant manual Manual No. Manual name (Model code) Positioning module type AD71(S1/S2/S7),A1SD71-S7(S7) IB-66563 User's Manual (13JE98) Detailed Manual Manual No. Manual name (Model code) Teaching unit for positioning module type AD71TU IB-66067 Operating Manual...
1. Outline This manual provides the specifications, part names and I/O interfaces for A1SD71-S7 positioning module (hereinafter referred to as A1SD71). After unpacking A1SD71, confirm that all products shown below are included. Product name Quantity A1SD71-S7 positioning module External wiring connector (Model) Connector FCN-361J040-AU...
Item Specifications Acceleration Automatic trapezoidal acceleration and deceleration deceleration Acceleration 64 to 4999(ms) deceleration Positioning times Backlash 0 to 65535 position command unit (0 to 255 pulses if compensation unit is pulse) The A1SD71 calibrates mechanical errors in the Error positioning control mode and velocity/positioning control compensation switching mode.
3. Input/Output Interface number Internal circuit Signal Description axis axis 5A 7A Common 5 to 24 VDC (external supply) (1) LOW indicates the servo drive unit is ready and feed pulses are receivable. (2) The A1SD71 checks the drive unit ready signal prior to start.
number Internal circuit Signal Description axis axis (1) LOW while positioning. (2) ON (LOW) during feed pulse output and dwell. Used as a brake release signal for servos with mechanical 11A 13A brakes. Feed pulse is output after this signal goes ON. Start ( START ) 11B 13B...
4. Names of Each Part The following shows the name of each part. 1SD71-S7 M.PRO LOCK READY X ZERO SERVO X Y ZERO -ERR Y HOLD X BUSY Y BUSY A1SD71-S7 Name Description Contents READY Lights when the A1SD71 ready signal goes ON. Lights when the signal from the servo unit for the X or Y SERVO...
Name Description Used for connections with a drive units. The following shows the pin-outs of the attached external wiring connector. Install wiring by referring to the I/O interface. Soldering 40 pin Wire connector The above is top view. The pins are numbered from A1 to A20 and from B1 to B20. Positioning data backup battery.
5. Handling Guideline This chapter provides guidelines for handling A1SD71. (1) Since the case of the module is made of resin, do not drop or apply strong impact. (2) Make sure not to let conductive material such as wire chips or drill swarf get inside the module.
6. Start-up Procedure This chapter provides an outline of start-up procedure for A1SD71. For more information, refer to the user’s manual for AD71(S1/S2/S7), A1SD71-S7(S7) positioning module. Start-up procedure Battery connection Module mounting Wiring Refer to the I/O interface. Power ON HOLD ERR LED ON Clear all buffer memory Clearing all buffer...
7. Wiring Precautions (1) Where excessive noise may apply to the pulse train signals, use shielded twisted paired cables to connect the A1SD71 and a drive unit. A1SD71 Servo amplifter X axis Y axis Pulse string 15A, (18A) output (PULSE F) 15B, (18B) Pulse string 16A, (19A)
8. External Dimensions 1SD71-S7 M.PRO LOCK READY X ZERO SERVO X Y ZERO -ERR Y HOLD X BUSY Y BUSY A1SD71-S7 71.6 (2.82) 69.5 (2.74) (0.87) 93.6 (3.69) (0.26) Unit: mm (inch)
Tel : +86-21-6475-3228 Brazil Taiwan Setsuyo Enterprise Co., Ltd. Tel : +55-11-283-2423 6F., No.105 Wu-Kung 3rd.RD, Wu-Ku Germany Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. German Hsiang, Taipei Hsine, Taiwan Branch Tel : +886-2-2299-2499 Gothaer Strasse 8 D-40880 Ratingen, Korea HAN NEUNG TECHNO CO.,LTD.
Phone: +380 (0)44 / 494 33 55 Fax: +380 (0)44 / 494-33-66 Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. /// FA - European Business Group /// Gothaer Straße 8 /// D-40880 Ratingen /// Germany Tel.: +49(0)2102-4860 /// Fax: +49(0)2102-4861120 /// email@example.com /// www.mitsubishi-automation.com...