9. The Rice Cooker will automatically keep rice warm at 140°F – 175°F (60°C – 80°C).
10. When the rice temperature dips below this range, the yellow Keep Warm Light will
turn off and the red Cook Light will turn on indicating that the heat preservation
process has begun. When the rice temperature reaches 140°F, the Keep Warm
Light (yellow) will once again turn on and the Cook Light (red) will turn off.
11. Allow the appliance to cool completely before cleaning.
Disconnect the plug from the wall outlet when not in use.
Wash the rice in a separate bowl, prior to cooking, if desired.
For softer rice, we suggest preparing rice and water in the Inner Pot and letting soak for
10 – 20 minutes before cooking.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REHEAT RICE
To reheat cold rice, add 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) of cold water per cup of cooked rice,
stir to mix, then press On-Switch Button to start cooking.
When rice is warm, the Rice Cooker will automatically switch to the keep warm
USING THE STEAMING TRAY
Steam cooking vegetables retains more nutrients than boiling or baking, while
preserving the bright, natural color.
1. Prepare vegetables by washing, peeling and then cutting into smaller sized pieces.
2. Make sure the unit is unplugged.
3. Fill the Inner Pot with the appropriate amount of water. (See Chart)
4. Set the Inner Pot into the heating body. Make sure that the Inner Pot sits directly
in contact with the heating plate.
5. Place vegetables in the Steaming Tray and position the Tray on top of the Inner
Pot. Cover with Lid. DO NOT OPERATE THIS UNIT UNCOVERED. STEAM IS
GENERATED DURING USE.
6. Plug the Power Cord into a wall outlet. Activate the Rice Cooker by pushing down
the On-Switch Button. Make sure the red Cook Light is on.
7. Time the cooking manually according to the chart below. The unit will automatically
switch to the keep warm cycle once all the water evaporates. If all the water
evaporates and you wish to extend the cooking cycle, add more water.
8. Once the vegetables have been steamed according to your personal preference,
remove the Steamer Tray from the Rice Cooker.
9. Disconnect from the wall outlet and allow the unit to cool completely before cleaning.
(MODEL 4731 ONLY)