INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
BEFORE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME
Clean the Glass Lid, Inner Pot, Paddle, Steaming Tray (model 4731 only) and Measuring
Cup according to the user maintenance instructions.
USING YOUR MULTI-USE RICE COOKER
1. Make sure appliance is unplugged.
2. Measure raw rice for desired amount with the Measuring Cup (180 ml) provided.
(One cup of the uncooked rice will make about two cups of cooked rice.) Maximum
of 7 cups (1.2 L) uncooked rice for model 4728. Maximum of 10 cups (1.8 L)
uncooked nice for models 4729 and 4731. Maximum of 12 cups (2.2 L) uncooked
rice for model 4730.
3. By using the Measuring Cup, add proper amount of water to the rice inside the Inner
Pot. For stickier rice, add slightly more water. For fluffier rice, use slightly less water.
The cup provided is not equivalent to 1 cup:
The weight of 1 cup of rice is 160g; the weight of 1 cup of water is 175g.
2 cups of rice need 788g (4-1/2 cups) of water;
4 cups of rice need 1,200g (7 cups) of water;
6 cups of rice need 1,500g (8-1/2 cups) of water;
8 cups of rice need 1,720g (9-3/4 cups) of water;
10 cups of rice need 1,860g (10-2/3 cups) of water;
12 cups of rice need 2,232g (12-3/4 cups) of water.
4. Set the Inner Pot into the Rice Cooker. Make sure that the Inner Pot sits directly in
contact with the heating plate by turning it slightly from right to left until it is seated
5. Cover with Lid. DO NOT OPERATE THIS APPLIANCE UNCOVERED. STEAM IS
GENERATED DURING USE.
6. Plug the Power Cord into an electrical outlet. Activate the Rice Cooker on by pushing
down the On-Switch Button down. Make sure the Cook Light (red) is on.
7. After 15 minutes mix the rice. Lift and remove the Lid carefully to avoid scalding and
allow water to drip into the Inner Pot. Use the Paddle or another long handheld utensil
to scoop and mix the rice. After mixing, cover the Inner Pot with the Lid.
8. When your rice is cooked, the Rice Cooker will automatically switch to the warm
function and the Keep Warm Light (yellow) will turn on. The Rice Cooker will keep
the rice warm until the unit is disconnected from the wall outlet.