The Home button
Email address field. If you want to add an Email address that
is not a Home email address, tap the Home button and
select from Home, Work, Other, or Custom (add your own
to add another Email address field or tap
delete an address.
Tap any of the following fields that you want to add to your
• Address: assign a physical postal address for this entry.
• Events: lets you add events (Birthday, Anniversary, Other or
• Groups: assign the contact to a group.
• Ringtone: adds a field used to assign a message tone that will
sound when messages are received from this contact. Choose
between Default, Ringtones, or Go to My files.
• Add another field: Tap
– Phonetic name: add the phonetic spelling of the name.
– Organization: add an organization name.
– IM: add an IM address.
– Notes: adds a field that allows you to jot down notes.
initially displays next to the
to add the following fields:
– Nickname: adds a field that can be used to enter a nickname for the
entry. The Nickname is not displayed when calls are made to or
received from the contact.
– Website: adds a field for the contact's Web site URL.
– Internet call: add an Internet address.
– Relationship: choose from the list of relationship types or Custom to
enter a relationship.
to save the new contact.
Note: By default, your contacts are automatically saved to your phone. To
change where your contacts are saved, select the drop-down box at the
top of the screen and choose Phone, SIM or an account.
Adding Pauses to Contact Numbers
When you call automated systems, you are often required to enter
a password or account number. Instead of manually entering the
numbers each time, you can store the numbers in your Contacts
along with special characters that create pauses and waits. A
pause stops the calling sequence for two seconds and a wait
pauses the calling sequence until you enter a number or press a
To add a pause or a wait for a number:
From the Home screen, tap
then tap the name or number to open the Contact.