14. Cord clip
1. Remove any label or protective covering from the
2. Place the appliance horizontally on a solid, stable
surface. You may remove the iron pad from the
appliance and place the iron on it on another
solid, stable, horizontal surface.
3. Remove the detachable water tank (1) and fill it,
making sure not to pass the level mark.
4. Fit the water tank back onto the steam tank.
5. Unwind the mains cable fully and plug it into an
6. Set the main power (6) button to the «I"
7. The "steam ready" indicator lamp (7) will light up
after approximately 5 minutes, indicating that the
appliance is ready to use.
8. This appliance has a built-in water level sensor.
The "refill water tank" indicator (3) will light when
the water tank is empty.
• Normal tap water can be used.
To prolong the optimum steam function, mix tap
water with distilled water 1:1. If the tap water
in your district is very hard, mix tap water with
distilled water 1:2.
You can inquire about the water hardness with
your local water supplier.
• The water tank can be filled at any time while
using the appliance.
• To avoid damage and/or contamination of the
water tank, do not put perfume, vinegar, starch,
descaling agents, additives or any other type of
chemical product into the water tank.
• The iron pad (2) can be placed into the specially
designed recess on the appliance or somewhere
suitable alongside the ironing area.
Never rest the iron on the appliance without the
• During it first use the iron may produce certain
vapours and odours, along with white particles
on the soleplate, this is normal and it will stop
after a few minutes
• While the steam release button is pressed, the
water tank may produce a pumping sound, this
is normal, indicating that water is being pumped
to the steam tank.
Setting the temperature
1. Check the ironing instruction label on the garment
to determine the correct ironing temperature.
2. Select the temperature (10)
«••" Silk – Wool
«•••" Cotton – Linen
3. The indicator lamp (12) will remain lit while the
iron is heating and go out as soon as the iron has
reached the selected temperature.
• Sort your garments out based on their cleaning
symbol labels, always starting with clothes that
have to be ironed at the lowest temperatures.
• If you are not sure what the garment is made
of then begin ironing at a low temperature and
decide on the correct temperature by ironing a
small section not usually seen when worn
Ironing with steam (B)
1. Make sure that there is enough water in the
2. Turn the temperature selector (10) to the steam
position, between «••" and «max".
3. Set the amount of steam to suit your needs,
using the variable steam control (4)
4. Press the steam release button to release steam
• The steam hose may get hot if you are ironing for
Ironing without steam
1. Begin ironing but without pressing the steam
Vertical steam (C)
1. Set the temperature control to the «•••" or
2. You can steam iron curtains and hanging
garments (jackets, suits, coats...) by placing the
iron in a vertical position and pressing the steam