Care and cleaning
– Scope of delivery: dryer, installation and operating instructions, woollens basket
The dryer's heat exchanger is cleaned automatically during drying. Cln appears in the display
(depending on model).
panel. Do not pull out the condensate container during the cleaning process.
– Check dryer for transport damage.
Dryer housing, control panel, air intake
– The dryer is very heavy. Do not attempt to lift it on your own.
Wipe with a soft, damp cloth.
– Be careful to avoid sharp edges.
– Do not set up in a room that is susceptible to frost. Freezing water may cause damage.
Do not use harsh cleaning agents or solvents.
– If in doubt, have the appliance connected by a specialist.
Remove detergent and cleaning agent residue immediately.
– Do not lift the dryer by protruding parts (e.g. the door) - risk of breakage.
Some water may collect between the window and the seal during drying. This does not affect
the proper operation of your dryer in any way.
Setting up the dryer
Take all accessory parts out
Filter in the condensate container
– The appliance plug must always be accessible.
of the drum.
– Ensure that the appliance is installed on a clean, level
The drum must be empty.
The filter is cleaned automatically when the condensate container is emptied.
and firm surface.
However, the filter should still be cleaned regularly under running water
– Do not obstruct the air inlet on the front of the
stubborn deposits/dirt from building up.
– Keep the area around the dryer clean.
1. Pull out the condensate container.
– Make the dryer level using the threaded feet
and a spirit level.
– Do not remove the threaded feet under any
2. Pull the filter out of its snap-in lock.
Do not set up the dryer behind a door or sliding
door, as this may obstruct the dryer door or prevent
it from opening. This will prevent a potentially fatal
danger to children from locking themselves in.
Clean and level
Make sure that the air inlet
3. Clean the filter under running water or in the dishwasher.
see Safety instructions
– Connect to an AC earthed socket. If in doubt have the socket checked by a specialist.
– The mains voltage and the voltage shown on the rating plate (
page 10) must be the
– The connected load and necessary fuse protection are specified on the rating plate.
4. Refit the filter.
Do not operate the dryer if
there is a danger of frost.
5. Insert the condensate container so that it locks into place.
1. Empty the condensate container
Only operate the dryer with the filter inserted.
2. Select any programme using the programme selector.
3. Press the Start/Stop button
condensed water is pumped into the container
4. Wait 5 minutes and then empty the condensate container again.
The dryer is equipped with stainless steel moisture sensors. Moisture sensors measure
5. Turn the programme selector to Off.
how damp the laundry is. A thin layer of limescale may build up on the moisture sensors
after prolonged use.
1. Open the door.
2. Clean the moisture sensors using a damp sponge with a rough surface.
– Prepare the dryer
see Frost protection.
– Transport the dryer in a vertical upright position.
Do not use steel wool or abrasive materials.
– Following transportation, do not use the dryer for two hours.
The dryer contains residual water;
this can flow out if the dryer is tilted.
Appliance must be switched off.
60 x 60 x 85 cm (height adjustable)
approx. 51 kg
max. 800 W
5 - 35°C
Inside of door
The rating plate can be found on the back of the dryer.
Power consumption when switched off
Power consumption when ready for use (left-on mode)
Drum interior light (depending on model): The drum lights up after the door is opened and after the programme starts, and switches off
Consumption values table
Spin speed which
is used for spinning
Programme setting for testing in accordance with the applicable EN61121 standard.
** The values may differ from those specified, depending on the type of fabric, composition of laundry to be dried, residual moisture in the fabric,
the degree of dryness that has been set, the amount of laundry being loaded and the environmental conditions.
Most efficient programme for cotton fabrics
The following "standard cottons programme" (identified with
) is suitable for drying normal, wet cotton laundry and is most efficient in terms of
its combined energy consumption for drying wet cotton laundry.
Standard programme for cottons in accordance with current EU regulation 932/2012
Cottons Cupboard Dry
7 kg/3.5 kg
1.65 kWh/0.97 kWh
178 min/110 min
Programme setting for testing and energy labelling in accordance with Directive 2010/30/EU.
(order from the after-sales service using the order number, depending on the model)
Washer-dryer stack connection set
The dryer can be placed on top of a suitable washing machine with the same width and depth to save space. The dryer must be fastened
to the washing machine using this connection set. WZ 20400: with pull-out worktop.
Installation underneath the worktop
Instead of the appliance covering plate, you must have a metal cover fitted by a specialist.
For easier loading and unloading. The basket contained in the drawer can be used to carry the laundry.
For drying individual wollen fabrics, sports shoes and soft toys (see separate instructions for "Woollens basket").
What to do if...
If you cannot rectify a fault yourself (e.g. switching off/on), please contact our after-sales service. We will
always find an appropriate solution and will avoid unnecessary visits by engineers. Trust the expertise of
During drying, the compressor and the pump generate some noise which is entirely normal.
the manufacturer and rest assured that the repair will be carried out by trained service technicians using
original spare parts. The contact details of your local after-sales service can be found in the enclosed after-
sales service directory, or by calling one of these numbers:
– GB 0344 892 8999 (Calls charged at local or mobile rate.)
– IE 01450 2655 (0.03 € per minute at peak. Off peak 0.0088 € per minute.)
When contacting the after-sales service, please quote the appliance's product number (E no.)
The compressor in the dryer may occasion-
and production number (FD) (see under the loading door).
ally generate a humming noise. The volume
Turn the programme selector to Off and unplug the mains plug from the socket.
and pitch of this may vary
The Start/Stop indicator lamp does
depending on the selected
not light up.
programmes and the progress of the
The display panel light and indicator
lights (depending on model) go out
and the Start/Stop indicator light
The Empty water indicator lamp and
the Start/Stop button are flashing.
The Clean filter indicator lamp and
Start/Stop button are flashing.
Cln appears in the display panel.
Dryer does not start.
The compressor in the dryer is ventilated
from time to time, which creates a whirring
Water is leaking out.
The door opens by itself.
Laundry is not dried correctly or is still
The automatic cleaning process causes a
Drying time too long.
The process of pumping the condensation
into the condensate container generates
The humidity in the room increases
Other intermittent noises and
Loud humming noise for several
– Pull the appliance plug out of the socket immediately or disconnect the fuse.
– in rooms inside the house.
– to dry fabrics.
– be used for purposes other than those described above.
– be modified in terms of its technology or properties.
– The dryer must not be used by children or persons who have not been instructed
in its use.
– Do not leave children unsupervised near the dryer.
– Keep pets away from the dryer.
Mains plug plugged in?
– Remove all objects from pockets, and lighters in particular
– Do not lean or sit on the door
Risk of tipping.
Check the socket fuse.
Energy-saving mode is activated
see the separate Energy-
– Secure loose cables
Risk of tripping.
saving mode instructions.
– Do not operate a dryer if there is a risk of frost.
– Connect the dryer to an AC earthed socket according to specifications, otherwise
it cannot be guaranteed that the appliance is completely safe.
Empty the condensate container
– The cable cross-section must be sufficient.
Clean the condensate container filter if necessary
Wait 2 hours and start again.
– Only use earth-leakage circuit breakers with the following symbol:
Rinse the fluff filter under running water
– The appliance plug and socket must be compatible.
– Do not use multiple plugs/connectors and/or extension cables.
– Do not touch or hold the appliance plug with wet hands
Not an error. Automatic cleaning of the heat exchanger. Do not
– Never pull the appliance plug out of the socket by its cable.
empty the condensate container.
– Do not damage the mains lead
Risk of electric shock.
Start/Stop button selected?
– Only load the drum with laundry. Check the contents before you switch
Ambient temperature greater than 5°C? The optimum ambient
the dryer on.
temperature for drying is between 5 °C and 35 °C.
– Do not use the dryer if the laundry has been in contact with solvents, oil, wax,
Make sure the dryer is level.
grease or paint (e.g. hair styling products, nail varnish remover, stain remover,
cleaning solvent, etc.)
Risk of fire/explosion.
Push the door closed until you hear it click into place.
– The tumble dryer is not to be used if industrial chemicals have been used for
Laundry load exceeded?
– Dust (e.g. coal dust, flour) poses a danger: Do not use the dryer
Remove articles of clothing immediately after the end of the
programme, hang up and pull into shape.
– Do not put laundry containing foamed material/rubber in the dryer
Unsuitable programme selected
material may be destroyed and the dryer be damaged due to possible deformation
After the end of the programme, warm laundry feels damper than it
of the foamed material.
actually is. Spread the laundry out and allow the heat to disperse.
– Do not turn off the dryer until the drying process ends, unless the laundry will be
Finely adjust the dryness level – this extends the drying time but
removed quickly and spread out, so that the heat can dissipate.
does not increase the temperature. Your laundry will become drier.
– When cleaning the fluff filter, make sure that no foreign material (down or filling
Select a programme with a longer drying time or increase the
material) gets into the air duct opening. If necessary, clean the drum beforehand
drying level. This does not increase the temperature.
Select a time programme for extended drying of laundry that is still
with a vacuum cleaner. If foreign material should still get into the air duct
the after-sales service
Risk of fire/explosion.
If you have exceeded the maximum load for the programme, the
– Light things, such as long hair, may be sucked into the air inlet of the dryer
laundry may not be dried correctly.
Clean the moisture sensor in the drum. A fine layer of limescale
– Final part of a tumble dryer cycle occurs without heat (cool down cycle), to ensure
may adversely affect the performance of the sensors and your
that the items are left at a temperature that ensures that the items will not be
washing will not dry properly.
Drying has been interrupted as a result of a power cut, because the
– Switch off the dryer once the programme has ended.
condensate container is full or because the maximum drying time
– The water from condensation is not drinking water and may be contaminated
has been exceeded.
Rinse the fluff filters under running water
– Do not use the dryer if it is defective or if you suspect that it is. Repairs must only
Insufficient supply of air
ensure that air can circulate.
Air inlet possibly blocked
be carried out by the after-sales service.
– Do not use the dryer if the mains cable is defective. To avoid danger, only have
Ambient temperature higher than 35 °C
ventilate the room. The
optimum ambient temperature for drying is between 5 °C
the defective mains cable replaced by the after-sales service.
and 35 °C. Outside of this range, the drying time may increase.
– Only use genuine spare parts and accessories for safety reasons.
Make sure the room is sufficiently ventilated.
– Pull out the appliance plug, then cut off the mains cable from the appliance.
Air inlet blocked?
Dispose of at a municipal waste disposal facility.
Remove laundry from the dryer immediately and spread out. This
– The dryer's heat exchanger contains fluorinated greenhouse (R134a) gas in
allows the heat to dissipate. Be careful as the door, the drum and
a hermetically sealed unit
dispose of in a proper manner. Capacity: 0.220 kg.
the laundry may be hot.
Total GWP: 0.315 tCO
Not an error. Normal noises
– Packaging: Keep all packaging out of reach of babies and children
Has the condensate container been properly inserted?
– All materials are environmentally sound and can be reused. Dispose of in an
Push the condensate container all the way in.
Not an error. Normal noises
Risk of explosion.
Risk of electric shock.
en Operating and installation instructions
Observe the safety instructions on page 13.
Read these instructions and the separate Energy-saving mode
instructions before switching on the dryer.