Care and cleaning
– Scope of delivery: dryer, installation and operating instructions, woollens basket
(depending on model).
The dryer's heat exchanger is cleaned automatically during drying. Cln appears in the display
– Check dryer for transport damage.
panel. Do not pull out the condensate container during the cleaning process.
– The dryer is very heavy. Do not attempt to lift it on your own.
Dryer housing, control panel, air intake
– Be careful to avoid sharp edges.
Wipe with a soft, damp cloth.
– Do not set up in a room that is susceptible to frost. Freezing water may cause damage.
Do not use harsh cleaning agents or solvents.
– If in doubt, have the appliance connected by a specialist.
Remove detergent and cleaning agent residue immediately.
– Do not lift the dryer by protruding parts (e.g. the door) - risk of breakage.
Some water may collect between the window and the seal during drying. This does not affect
the proper operation of your dryer in any way.
Setting up the dryer
Take all accessory parts out
– The appliance plug must always be accessible.
of the drum.
Filter in the condensate container
– Ensure that the appliance is installed on a clean, level
The drum must be empty.
The filter is cleaned automatically when the condensate container is emptied.
and firm surface.
However, the filter should still be cleaned regularly under running water
– Do not obstruct the air inlet on the front of the
stubborn deposits/dirt from building up.
– Keep the area around the dryer clean.
– Make the dryer level using the threaded feet
1. Pull out the condensate container.
and a spirit level.
– Do not remove the threaded feet under any
2. Pull the filter out of its snap-in lock.
Do not set up the dryer behind a door or sliding
door, as this may obstruct the dryer door or prevent
it from opening. This will prevent a potentially fatal
danger to children from locking themselves in.
Clean and level
Make sure that the air inlet
3. Clean the filter under running water or in the dishwasher.
see Safety instructions
– Connect to an AC earthed socket. If in doubt have the socket checked by a specialist.
– The mains voltage and the voltage shown on the rating plate (
page 10) must be the
– The connected load and necessary fuse protection are specified on the rating plate.
Do not operate the dryer if
4. Refit the filter.
there is a danger of frost.
5. Insert the condensate container so that it locks into place.
1. Empty the condensate container
2. Select any programme using the programme selector.
Only operate the dryer with the filter inserted.
3. Press the Start/Stop button
condensed water is pumped into the container
4. Wait 5 minutes and then empty the condensate container again.
5. Turn the programme selector to Off.
The dryer is equipped with stainless steel moisture sensors. Moisture sensors measure how
damp the laundry is. A thin layer of limescale may build up on the moisture sensors after
1. Open the door.
2. Clean the moisture sensors using a damp sponge with a rough surface.
– Prepare the dryer
see Frost protection.
– Transport the dryer in a vertical upright position.
Do not use steel wool or abrasive materials.
– Following transportation, do not use the dryer for two hours.
The dryer contains residual water;
this can flow out if the dryer is tilted.
Appliance must be switched off.
60 x 60 x 85 cm (height adjustable)
approximately 51 kg
max. 800 W
5 - 35 °C
under the door
The rating plate can be found on the back of the dryer.
Drum interior light
(depending on model):
The drum lights up after the door is opened
and after the programme starts, and switches off automatically.
Residual moisture in the fabrics after
* Programme setting for testing in accordance with applicable standard EN61121.
** The values may differ from those specified, depending on the type of fabric, composition of laundry to be
dried, residual moisture in the fabric and the amount of laundry being loaded.
Annual energy consumption
7 kg / 3.5 kg*
139 min / cycle
212 kWh / year
*** Programme setting for testing and energy labelling in accordance with Directive 2010/30/EU.
(from after-sales service using order number, depending on model)
Washer-dryer stack connection set
The dryer can be placed on top of a suitable washing machine with the same width and depth to save
space. The dryer must be fastened to the washing machine using this connection set.
Same as WZ 11410, but with pull-out worktop.
Installation underneath the worktop
Instead of the appliance covering plate, you must have a metal cover fitted by a specialist.
For easier loading and unloading. The basket contained in the drawer can be used
to carry the laundry.
What to do if...
If you cannot rectify a fault yourself (e.g. switching off/on), please contact our after-sales service.
During drying, the compressor and the pump generate some noise which is entirely normal.
We will always find an appropriate solution and will avoid unnecessary visits by engineers. Trust
the expertise of the manufacturer and rest assured that the repair will be carried out by trained
service technicians using original spare parts. The contact details of your local after-sales service
can be found in the enclosed after-sales service directory, or by calling one of these numbers:
– GB 0844 8928999 (Calls from a BT landline will be charged at up to 3 pence per minute. A call
set-up fee of up to 6 pence may apply.)
The compressor in the dryer may occasion-
– IE 01450 2655 (0.03 € per minute at peak. Off peak 0.0088 € per minute.)
ally generate a humming noise. The volume
When contacting the after-sales service, please quote the appliance's product number (E no.) and
and pitch of this may vary
production number (FD) (see under the loading door).
depending on the selected
Turn the programme selector to Off and unplug the mains plug from the socket.
programmes and the progress of the
The Start/Stop indicator lamp
does not light up.
The display panel light and
indicator lights (depending on
model) go out and the Start/Stop
indicator light flashes.
The Empty water indicator lamp
and the Start/Stop button are
The Clean filter indicator lamp and
Start/Stop button are flashing.
The compressor in the dryer is ventilated
Cln appears in the display panel. Not an error. Automatic cleaning of the heat exchanger. Do not
from time to time, which creates a whirring
Dryer does not start.
Water is leaking out.
The door opens by itself.
Drying result is not satisfactory
(laundry feels too damp).
The automatic cleaning process causes a
Drying time too long.
The humidity in the room increases
The process of pumping the condensation
into the condensate container generates
Other intermittent noises and
Loud humming noise for several
– Pull the appliance plug out of the socket immediately or disconnect the fuse.
ONLY use the
– in rooms inside the house.
– to dry fabrics.
The dryer must
– be used for purposes other than those described above.
– be modified in terms of its technology or properties.
– The dryer must not be used by children or persons who have not been instructed
in its use.
– Do not leave children unsupervised near the dryer.
– Keep pets away from the dryer.
– Remove all objects from pockets,
Mains plug plugged in?
and lighters in particular
Risk of explosion.
– Do not lean or sit on the door
Risk of tipping.
Check the socket fuse.
– Secure loose cables
Risk of tripping.
Energy-saving mode is activated
see the separate Energy-
– Do not operate a dryer if there is a risk of frost.
saving mode instructions.
Mains connection – Connect the dryer to an AC earthed socket according to specifications, otherwise
it cannot be guaranteed that the appliance is completely safe.
– The cable cross-section must be sufficient.
Empty the condensate container
Clean the condensate container filter if necessary
– Only use earth-leakage circuit breakers with the following symbol:
Wait 2 hours and start again.
– The appliance plug and socket must be compatible.
– Do not use multiple plugs/connectors and/or extension cables.
Rinse the fluff filter under running water
– Do not touch or hold the appliance plug with wet hands
Risk of electric shock.
– Never pull the appliance plug out of the socket by its cable.
empty the condensate container.
– Do not damage the mains lead
Risk of electric shock.
Start/Stop button selected?
– Only load the drum with laundry.
Check the contents before you switch the dryer on.
– Do not use the dryer if the laundry has been in contact with solvents, oil, wax,
Ambient temperature greater than 5 °C?
grease or paint (e.g. hair styling products, nail varnish remover, stain remover,
Make sure the dryer is level.
cleaning solvent, etc.)
Risk of fire/explosion.
– Dust (e.g. coal dust, flour) poses a danger: Do not use the dryer
Push the door closed until you hear it click into place.
Risk of explosion
– Do not put laundry containing foamed material/rubber in the dryer
Laundry load exceeded?
material may be destroyed and the dryer be damaged due to possible deformation
Remove articles of clothing immediately after the end of the
of the foamed material.
programme, hang up and pull into shape.
– Do not turn off the dryer until the drying process ends, unless the laundry will be
Unsuitable programme selected
removed quickly and spread out, so that the heat can dissipate.
Warm laundry feels damper than it actually is.
– When cleaning the fluff filter, make sure that no foreign material (down or filling
The selected programme does not suit the load. Use another
material) gets into the air duct opening. If necessary, clean the drum beforehand
drying programme or, in addition, select the time programme
with a vacuum cleaner. If foreign material should still get into the air duct
the after-sales service
Risk of fire/explosion.
Use fine adjustment for the drying result
page 1/2 and 6.
– Light things, such as long hair, may be sucked into the air inlet of the dryer
Fine layer of limescale on the humidity sensors
Risk of injury.
Clean the humidity sensors
– Switch off the dryer once the programme has ended.
Programme termination, e.g. tank full, mains power supply
– The water from condensation is not drinking water and may be contaminated with
failure, door open or maximum drying time reached.
Rinse the fluff filters under running water
– Do not use the dryer if it is defective or if you suspect that it is.
Insufficient supply of air
ensure that air can circulate.
Repairs must only be carried out by the after-sales service.
Air inlet possibly blocked
– Do not use the dryer if the mains cable is defective. To avoid danger, only have
Ambient temperature higher than 35 °C
ventilate the room.
the defective mains cable replaced by the after-sales service.
Make sure the room is sufficiently ventilated.
– Only use genuine spare parts and accessories for safety reasons.
Air inlet blocked?
– Pull out the appliance plug, then cut off the mains cable from the appliance.
Remove laundry from the dryer immediately and spread out.
This allows the heat to dissipate. Be careful as the door, the
Dispose of at a municipal waste disposal facility.
drum and the laundry may be hot.
– Heat exchangers contain a fluorinated greenhouse gas covered by the Kyoto
dispose of in a proper manner. Capacity: 0.22 kg.
Not an error.
– Packaging: Keep all packaging out of reach of babies and children
Risk of suffocation.
Has the condensate container been properly inserted?
– All materials are environmentally sound and can be reused. Dispose of in an
Push the condensate container all the way in.
Not an error. Normal noises
Observe the safety
and installation instructions
Read these instructions and the separate
Energy-saving mode instructions before switching
on the dryer.